1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need Party Formation Help

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Kalten, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Kalten Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I am playing a multi-player game but with only two of my character and 4 NPCs. Regardless of what formation I use, everytime I go through a door or travel to a new area my two characters are always in the front of the formation and the NPCs are in the back. Since one of them is a sorcerer this is not a good thing. Is there any way to maintain your formation when you change screens? Thanks for any info or suggestions.

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Two things to try:
    Right click on the available party formation choices, you will find more to choose from.

Also, you can click on your sorcerer and drag him/her to the bottom of the column on characters (when you do this you will see a golden arrow cursor and the character you are moving will highlight.)

Tell us about your party. Who did you choose?

3. Kalten Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the response. I have changed the formation and altered the order of the characters. Nevertheless, everytime I load the game the order of the characters revert back to the order that they are listed on the charater selection screen (the screen you have to go through when loading a multi-player game). The new order works until I reload or travel to a new area (then it reverts back). I played a multi-play game before with 6 of my characters and I don't remember having this trouble.

As for the party, I took the sentimental route and resolved to keep Jaheria, Minsc and Imoen since they were a carry over from BG1 and were in the prison with me. Previously I played about 3/4 of the game with a party of all my characters and stopped because it was pretty boring. When you make all of your own characters they are too powerful and to planned. Plus, there was little to no interaction between the characters so the whole "Role Play" part of RPG was missing. My current protagonist is a socerer and my other character is a theif/cleric combination. I wanted to use all NPCs I found if you limit yourself to Jaheria, Minsc and Imoen, you get caugt short a theif or cleric later in the game. You need a cleric like Viconia for the spells and healing (skeleton warriors kick butt in the underdark) but then you are stuck with Imoen out front scouting for traps which is risky to me. As it turns out, a theif/cleric can detect traps but cannot remove them or unlock chest (the manual indicated that they can...#$@%#$%). So I will be stuck with the theif/cleric dectecting and Imoen removing.

It should be noted the that theif/cleric is a very tough characters. I elected a swashbuckler to get the ac and to hit bonuses. She is a great tank with a great ac, cleric spell and dectect trap capabilities.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

With MP, before loading the game you have to choose the characters... The main char will after loading always be on 1, I think you can change the rest before loading.

5. Horvath Gems: 1/31

A thief/cleric can detect traps, but only if he isn't wearing armor greater then studded leather.

6. Kalten Gems: 1/31

Actually she is running around in field plate detecting traps better than Jan (she does have the ring of sense danger). I don't know if it is a bug but it is great having a scout with a -11 ac.

7. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

remove the plate mail and she will be able to disarm traps - then put it back on again

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Just use the Shadowdragon Scale (made of the scales of the Black Dragon)

It has great AC and also protects you from Acid...... Good enough for a cleric/thief, some rings/bracers can lower your AC even more.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.