1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Exporting from BG to BG2 - Roleplaying Continuity Issues

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Entropy, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Entropy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok i'm one of those guys that would rather stick to the main plot of BG all together, but it so annoys me that bioware expected the player to be good. I know this from the start of bg2, you're stuck with minsc, jaheira, imoen, dynaheir (dead) and khalid (dead) which sucks because number 1: it suggests you had a good party throughout bg1 (even if you finished the game with evil party) and number 2: it makes roleplaying that part pretty hard. I understand bioware may have been a bit stuck with the descision because altering all the begining npc's for the sake of alignment would be hard.

Does anyone have any advice for this? anyways to roleplay around it?

[ June 23, 2005, 02:10: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm not sure this is the right place for this question. I might be better on the BG2 baord in term of spoilers. When I did was completely ignore the beginning NPCs' existance and make like it was just the PC. There really isn't a better way around it.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Moving to the SoA forum.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Roleplaying evil you mean? If you're roleplaying evil you dump those sappy twits as soon as you don't need them anymore and find better companions. An evil person has no problems using others to best suit his or her ultimate goals.

Might I suggest the government district and the copper coronet as good starting places to find more suitable companions....

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    My best and most fun party was "smart" evil.

If you are playing evil you can ignore the others, free them, then ignore them or take them along and kick them out as you find replacements.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    The thing that really sucks is that you really can't make an evil party unless you want to install less-than-great mods to the game for additional evil characters. Even with an evil PC, the only other evil characters in SoA are Edwin, Viconia and Korgan. Then you have to settle for the other two, and take on some Chaotic Neutral companions. Basically your choices are two of the following three: Jan, Haer Dalis' or failed-test Anomen.

7. Entropy Gems: 1/31

noo you guys misunderstand me. I know i can change my characters on bg2, but what im trying to get at is the evil team i complete bg1 with is exchanged for a good teama t the begining of bg2, and all the good chars act as if ive been adventuring with them through bg1. it's annoying!
    what i want is a good way to roleplay around the situation all of my characters have just changed. it sucks really.

8. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

okay so say your party included edwin, viconia and three other random BG1 evil NPCS. Irenicus killed the others, eddy and vic escaped and are wandering athkatla and Jaheira, Minsc etc just happened to stumble into Irenicus' layer. Don't talk to them, cause you're evil and go about your business. Easy enough back story. Okay so you still have to be with Imoen, but pretend amnesia or something and send her on her way.

9. Entropy Gems: 1/31

well i figured my character wouldnt have ditched her anyway, because they grew up together. But your plan so far seems ok. I always seem to feel bad for Minsc though. he's so cool hehe.

10. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Since they're good aligned, it's natural that they followed you there. (For the greater good, or whatnot) Note that all of them (except Minsc, he probably just bumped into Lady Jah and decided to stick around) are connected to your PC by some measure. (Gorion, etc.)
    Being evil, you can simply reject their assistance. If they insist that they were your travelling companions, attribute it to the drugs.
    Your evil party mates acted pretty much like how they should act - they abandoned you.

11. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

LOL... SI that's an awesome explanation. :D

12. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Plus just about every time you meet someone from BG1, you have several options for what to say to them. There's almost always a "Aren't you dead?" or "Didn't I kill you?" option, a "Aggh! Not you again!" option and a "Hello! How are you?" option of some shape or form. I think BG2 does a reasonable job of allowing roleplaying in this respect, especially considering all the possibilities it has to take into account.

13. Entropy Gems: 1/31

yeah but for some reason not the companions you start bg2 with say that :/ if i remmeber correctly, the first thing jahiera says is something like: "oh how im going to be glad to get out of this hell hole.. blah blah... blah blah... traveling with you is never dull" ...gah! see what i meen? i'm just searching for the reply "erm you never travelled with me... but i seem to recollect me dumping your behind back at the friendly arm inn" xD

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.