1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

[Mod] Icewind Dale 2: Special Edition 27.00

Bugfixes, HD ready GUI, new abilities, new items and new content.

1. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Resourceful

Lord Ergonpandilus submitted a new resource:

Icewind Dale 2: Special Edition - Bugfixes, HD ready GUI, new abilities, new items and new content.

Read more about this resource...

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  3. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

Oh hey, is this finally done or is this still in testing? This looked very promising.

4. gibberishh Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Just read through the list of updates and this seems like it could become my standard installation of IWD2. Just wondering, do the save files still work with Dale Keeper II? Especially since there are several new items introduced in the game? And could you post a list of item ids for the new items?

I like to try out characters of a few different levels (hence Dale Keeper II) and with several different items (hence item ids) to determine my build path before I start the actual gameplay. That way I know what specializations I am working towards and not just hoping for the best, while avoiding major overlaps in abilities across the party. Not having the right mix of feats and items induces anxiety and games shouldn't do that! lol

Thanks!

5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Shouldn't the neutral alignment dragons be gemstone dragons and the good dragon be a metallic dragon? Also you assigned the wrong alignment to some of the chromatic dragons on the law/chaos axis as well. Here's a chart
    Neutral Good:Blue (should be lawful evil)
    Lawful Neutral:green (should be lawful evil)
    neutral:white (should be chaotic evil)
    chaotic neutral:black (should be chaotic evil)
    Neutral evil:Red (should be chaotic evil)

suggestions:
    Neutral Good: Brass
    Lawful Neutral:Emerald, sapphire, steel
    neutral:Amethyst, cloud, mist, Dragon Turtle
    chaotic neutral: Crystal, Topaz,
    Neutral evil:brown

Surprisingly there is a dearth of neutral good and neutral evil dragons, they tend to be either lawful or chaotic. There are several true neutral dragons, but only one gemstone dragon.
    I'm going off the 2nd edition Monster Manual, if they adjusted this in 3E I'm sorry, my group broke up at the end of the summer of 1997 before 3E came out so my Monster Manual is only 2E.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The external link to this download that the author provided is dead, does anyone have the file for me to upload locally?

7. Felipe

Felipe ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

8. Taluntain

Media:
    That's a different mod. I've PM'd the author here in case he's still around, so hopefully he'll upload it here.

9. Felipe

Felipe ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

OOPS! Sorry about that, i should have read the title of the thread here carefully. :p

Taluntain likes this.
  10. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

11. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

How different is this from the complete edition?

12. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Lord Ergonpandilus updated Icewind Dale 2: Special Edition with a new update entry:

Icewind Dale II: Special Edition v11.0 Full Package

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Lord Ergonpandilus updated Icewind Dale 2: Special Edition with a new update entry:

Icewind Dale II: Special Edition v12.0 Full Package

14. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Icewind Dale II: Special Edition v13.0 Full Package

15. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Icewind Dale II: Special Edition v14.0 Full Package

16. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Icewind Dale II: Special Edition v15.0 Full Package

17. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

My computer says this is a virus.

18. Taluntain

Media:
    Probably not your computer but whichever virus scanner you're using. Certain virus scanners will flag various kinds of mods as malicious erroneously. Which one is it and what is the exact error?

19. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

20. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.