1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who Would Win in a Fight?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Icingdeath45, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Who would win in a fight:Drizzt Do'Urden or your BG character? (chose Aragorn if you choose your character, thats wat mine's name was. I messed up and putt Aragorn instead of you BG character)

[ March 18, 2003, 22:36: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 28 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Who Would Win in a Fight (28 votes.)

Who Would Win in a Fight (Choose 1)
    * Drizzt Do'Urden - 68% (19)
    * Aragorn - 32% (9)

2. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Drizzt unless...

My next one will be a mage (dualed from a level 6 fighter).

If I can dimension door to the other side of the river in time, he will be a sitting duck for my arrows. If I don't run out before he's dead... :rolleyes:

3. Evil Eye Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Drizzt, hands down.

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Drizzt's harder than Sarevok in a straight melee. He's got haste, 5 attacks per round, 92 HP and major ass damage. Drizzt, hands down (a la Evil Eye)

5. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I agree that Drizzt is harder than Sarevok,because that you're level 2-3 and he's around 16.
    Drizzt would beat.

6. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I haven't tried it, but I think that after the 4th or 5th passing of BG 1 with solo, you chr should be equal and even better to Drizzty, because of his great stats...

7. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Killing him fair? Impossible (and it won't be fair anyway).
    The only way without cheating and exploiting weaknesses of the game would be using diablo tactics: boots of speed and bow and keep running from him (he's a bit slower than you with the boots, if you drink potion of speed in adition, you'll be twice as fast as he).

btw, I really don't like people killing him just for the kick of it. Imagine every 7 level sucker trying to kill you in Bg2:Soa if they were allowed to load and you not.

8. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hey Icingdeath I voted Drizzt. I'm not sure that it is techincally possible to beat Drizzt with a BG 1 character. I know however that my BG 2 charachter would kick the crap out of him. A max level human male thief/mage. He can use a spell and immediately afterwards(without waiting around) shoot an arrow from his bow.

9. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yeah, Drizzt would definitely win the fight.

10. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

He's hard to take out even in BG2. I used my lvl 28 ranger and took on him. I suffered several heavy blows man :D

11. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

But who will win - you or Zaknafein Do'Urden level 24? :) :D

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Please stick to discussing BG1.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Me :rolling:

I can beat him - though it takes a while

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I think in BG1 only some max str, con and dex fighter could beat Drizzt. Nothing less. Well, unless someone knows what he's doing. Anyway, I always play paladins and always roleplay them, so I can only guess.

15. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I've also beat him with my fighter with boots of speed +x number of speed potions + 120 arrows of piercing. Just runnin' around firing :D

16. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

There's always the summoning strategy (same as with Sarevok). 5 attacks per round would be impossible with a character with even 25 to str, con and dex. If you have 2 or 3 thieves in the shadows, have your mage (fighter/mage is better) cast stoneskin and mirror image then walk up and take him on. You'll proabably need to cast haste, bless, protection from evil and chant. Have all the theives unload backstabs one after another while the fighter/mage keep attacking him (therefore keeping his focus on the protected characte). If you've got 3 thieves and 30-40 points of backstab (potions of str help alot), he'll drop quick.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.