1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

[Cheat] Instant Spellcasting

How to enable instant spellcasting on all characters

1. gibberishh Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    gibberishh submitted a new resource:

Instant Spellcasting - How to enable instant spellcasting on all characters

Read more about this resource...

2. gibberishh Gems: 13/31

Media:
    1. Noticed that sometimes these effects get erased from characters and you have to reapply them. It's not always possible though. I've had them erased from my characters on some chapter transitions, but not all. I've also had them erased on whoever is about to face any of the eight chambers. This one is tricky because you can no longer depend on these effects to let you succeed in the eight chambers. Some chambers (because of the way they are designed) allow you to save, quit, edit the game to reassign the effects and reload. Some chambers won't allow you to do that.

2. I've indicated casting time modifier of 7 in the cheat. However, I think the longest casting time for a spell is 9. So you may wish to use 9 instead.

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's not quite attainable in any of the IE games, but you don't need it for a fun gaming experience. :)

BG2 runs, I'd have Imoen equip the Robe of Vecna and leave the spells with lengthy casting times to her. Especially things like Time Stop and Horrid Wilting.

My Fighter / Mage, I'd have him use spells that had casting times of 1, like the Power Word spells.

So I'd have at least two arcane characters come very close to what you're describing, and it was helluva fun. ;)

4. gibberishh Gems: 13/31

Media:
    I agree, for a fun gaming experience, you don't need almost any cheats. However, I started researching casting time in IWD2 because unlike other games, there are no items that improve your casting time and that is a bummer. In IWDEE, there's Kosuth's Blood (I think). In other games, there's the Robe of Vecna. IWD2 has zero items. So I wanted to bring that functionality in.

One can use this cheat to apply a tiny modifier, say 2, which is the same as Kosuth's Blood. The numbers I have given are a way to maximize the effect of the cheat, but one doesn't need to use it at max value. I usually set it to 2 after completing Chapter 3.

5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Actually, I consider the tweaks pack, formerly the ease-of-use pack to be a virtual requirement for a fun time, but then I'm a pack-rat by nature and hate inventory management when you can only take a fraction of what you need and have no way to take the loot you find back to sell at the store.
    The inventory management "cheats" to increase stacking size and have unlimited space in containers I consider a necessity, even if most of the other stuff isn't really.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  6. gibberishh Gems: 13/31

Media:
    I'm annoyed by the IWD2 stack limits. Especially the 5-potion per stack limit. Also the 20 items in a container limit. But I am very comfortable with the IWDEE (or any EE) stack and container limits. I think potions can be stacked to 24, missiles to 80 and containers can hold 100 items. If I'm not mistaken, scrolls can be stacked to 50 (could be wrong) -- as if you are ever going to find that many of one scroll. You haven't played IWDEE so I sympathize with your need for the tweaks pack.

I continue playing IWD2 with the annoyance. I consider the extra inventory space (vs IWDEE) to be a valid trade-off, even though it does mean quite a bit of inventory management. :rolleyes: I can see how that can drive a lot of people (including me) to the brink of madness so I appreciate the existence of mods like the tweaks pack for when I decide I've had enough.

7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I actually kind of liked the 500-arrows to a quiver limit of the original ease-of-use mod for Baldur's Gate I. It seemed a good balance of some limits and gameplay convenience.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.