1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your favourite sword?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by RD_TheOne, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Amorphous Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

mmmmm... blue :alien:

I like using arbane's on my solo thief /mage. As mentioned above, it works wonder when coupled with web :D .

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Holy swords. The two of them. :D The Roseblade or whatever it is in English gives that wonderful +2 charisma meaning less cash spent in shops and better reaction.

3. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I like my Long Sword +2 Varscona that I imported from the original BG. And of course the Silver Sword.

[ December 19, 2002, 22:17: Message edited by: Kam ]

4. Garm Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Definitly Lilarcor!

That sword is hilarious with his constant complaining. The only problem is that it is only a +2 2-handed sword. In my first game Minsc use it almost until the end of the game.

5. Stormy Gems: 1/31

I think in a few next replies ppl will start bragging with their see-fewree ass kicking, so ill try to mislead them :)

Yah see-fewree is cool and all, but honestly ppl who doesnt like Lilarcor. You spend your adventuring killing half of Forgotten Realms and why not do it with a sword who can make that sad grin on your face dissappear after you kill your relatives.

Since some mentioned original bg and bg2:tob weapons i rly must say varscona longsword +2 is a true asskicker in bg and angurvadal+foebane combo is great for my ranger. spiders bane is cool, too. IMHO of course. actually, varscona is a weapon that stays to end with you if you can wield it. especially if you are a fighter class and you carry a shield. unmatched.

Also Carsomyr +5 (+6 in tob) is a cool weapon for keldorn if yourself aint a paladin. So lets say its cool and not much useable.

[ January 01, 2003, 01:16: Message edited by: Stormy ]

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Go read the forum descriptions. You are not allowed to post anything ToB-related in this forum and you have two or three ToB weapons mentioned in your post.

7. Stormy Gems: 1/31

Ok, no need to be so hostile. I know Im new and its forum policy (I already saw the rules) and i know they are tob weapons, but 'allowed' is a harsh word, even if its said so by the rules. Its all BG. And i dont think therez a post like this in tob area. So would it be better to make 3 separate posts in all 3 forums (bg, bg2 & bg2:tobI)?

My bad and I apologize.

BTW, if we gonna be so straight and to the point, Lilarcor and Holy Avenger are my 2 favorite swords. No first places. Talking sword and a sword that is old as dragons and created to destroy evil. What can be cooler than that.

[ January 01, 2003, 22:23: Message edited by: Stormy ]

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Allowed is the same word that is used in the forum description, I'm only repeating it here for your convenience. Whether or not there is such a post in the ToB forum is completely and utterly irrelevant. This forum is for people who don't have ToB installed, so your mentioning any ToB items is not only useless, it also confuses anyone without ToB because they can't find that item anywhere in their game.

You can always open a new post such as this in the ToB forum and everyone who has ToB can chime in there. Considering a post with this topic would have a pretty different content in the ToB forum (since there are many more weapons available in ToB), that would be perfectly acceptable.

9. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'd have to go with Lilacor too!

its an awsome sword! :)

10. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Normal katana + wakizashi or ninja-to

thats the best weapon wielded by Kensai. If you equip a magical weapon all you get is +x to THAC0(you dont need that - kensai) and +x to overall damage.

All you need magical weapons for are some creatures that cant be hit by normal weapons, and special effects.

11. Velcro Gems: 1/31

With regard to Celestial Fury.
    Is there any where in the game that sends you to the Guarded Compound? :hmm:
    If you’re playing a good party, why would you go and just barge in to someone place? :good:
    There must be a lead somewhere, that sends you to the Guarded Compound. :bang:
    Has anyone found it?

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That is just one of the things that didn't quite get finished before the game was released... just like the Twisted Rune.

[ January 07, 2003, 23:57: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

13. Firkraaq Gems: 1/31

Lilarcor Rules!!
    Blade of roses is nice too.
    :yot:
    By the way where can i found some good
    halberds i can't found decent halberds
    anywhere :confused:

14. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

SPOILER!

There is a +4 halberd (called Dragons Breath or somthing similar) in the underdark. It's the best one I've found, and it does extra damage (+1 fire, cold, electricity and something i don't remember. Acid perhaps?). And there are several drow halberds (+3, no frills) in the underdark too.

15. Firkraaq Gems: 1/31

Where i could find pieces of the Wawe halberd?

16. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

well, halberds are not exactly swords, so we are hijacking the thread a bit...

but anyways - I found that adding halberd proficiency upon creation of a new char to be a bit wasted because you really do not find decent halberd until Underdark, as was mentioned. /There is a confrontation between your party and a group of adventurers that think that you are a Drow - for me it always happens when I leave Ust Natha for the 1st time to rescue Phaere from illithids/

of course unless your main char is a paladin, then you are ok with two-handed swords and two-handed style and can allocate rest how you like...

Btw, my favourite swords:
    1. Carsomyr
    2. Celestial Fury
    3. Equalizer

...pretty standart choices I'm afraid...

17. Bang Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi Velcro,

your question is a bit off topic (and so is my reply).
    If you do the Nalia-quest, you will find a book in Isaeas house. There is a (vague) hint to the Guarded Compound.

18. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Please stick to the topic of favourite swords. Open a new topic if you have something unrelated to the original one to ask.

19. EarthSam Gems: 1/31

Soul Reaver is pretty cool.

20. Visage Gems: 1/31

Favorite sword? Probably Holy Avenger, not only is it a strong weapon of choice, but I've always been partial to it since I first recieved one while gaming with my first Paladin ever :)

-Visage

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.