1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your favourite sword?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by RD_TheOne, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I'd say the Warblade +4 is one of the best (or at least best looking ;) ). Maybe the Silver Vorpal sword (or whatever it's called) is better, but i don't remember if it's +3 or +4. It's special power is really good though...

2. RX2000 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I couldnt ever find the other piece to the Vorpal Sword. :(

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Depends on where you are in the game for the pieces of the Vorpal Sword (which is, IIRC, a +3 weapon with a great extra feature).

Spoilers
    Saemon gives you the blade when you take ship with him off of Brynnlaw. You get the second piece (hilt) after you return from the Underdark and are accosted by some Githyanki in the city (I believe that the encounter is set to take place only in the city, but I may be wrong about that). Kill them for it.

By the way, Carsomyr is the best two handed sword, but you must be a paladin to use it in SOA.

4. RX2000 Gems: 2/31

Hmm I never got accosted by any Gith after I went back to Athketla. :( Oh well... Maybe next game. (When I'm sure I wont be using a char who needs a 2 handed weapon hah)

5. Wray Vitki Gems: 2/31

*spoiler*

for the second part of the silver sword, try the forest of tethir after the underdark

6. assassinX Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey folks - first post - gotta join the Celestial Fury crowd - my Kensai Thief totally mowed with that dualed with Ardjatha the Drinker - total carnage - espically when backstabbing :)

7. Hassassin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

@RX2000 / dmc

It may take some time for the Gith to attack you. Anyway - the attack is not area depended, except that in my games it always happens in the city. I have met them in slums, docks ...
    The last time they somehow got separated, so I discovered that the bastards do not carry the hilt :confused: . But when I entered the area for the next time, I was attacked again with the "lost" one - and got the missing part :D

[ November 26, 2002, 16:55: Message edited by: Hassassin ]

8. Karunirin Rochambeau Gems: 2/31

I like dualling the Belm scimitar with the Blade of the Roses. 1 extra attack and +1 CHA. Also, does the weapon have to be a sword technically? Some of the best weapons aren't. Sorry, I'm new.

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I hate to preach for the choir but Celestial Fury is one wickedly nice blade. I also like the Short Sword that grants an extra attack which you get in the planar prison. Cant remember its name at the time though :(

10. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I think it's Belm that grants the extra attack.

SPOILER (location of Belm)
    :confused: I thought I got that from the barn near the Rakshasa fight, not the Planar prison. Is there another sword that grants extra attacks?

11. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Belm +2 is found in the barn, but it's a scimitar, not a short sword. I think the sword is named Kundane, and it is a +2 weapon. It doesn't read anywhere that it grants an extra attack though, the description just says that there is no speed factor or something like that.

12. cygnusx Gems: 1/31

Blackrazor is really really good

SPOILER
    and since i did not wanted to screw my faction i just pickpocketed the djiin

belm is really nice in off hand for the extra attack

[ December 04, 2002, 11:25: Message edited by: cygnusx ]

13. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The short sword is called Kundane, and does grant an extra attack just like Belm (check it out with Infinity Explorer or Near Infinity).

I also like Arbane's sword - it grants immunity to stun, web, grease, entangle, and hold (far more than its description).

14. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

cutthroat +4 short sword... too bad that you gets it so late...

15. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Celestial Fury for a first choice.

But... Lilacor! I mean, it's a sword, and it talks... *childish giggle* It talks!

Char: Do you have any advice, oh *thingy-ma-jingy* sword?

Lilacor: Me? Advice, uhhh, kill someone, then take all their gold, then find someone richer, and kill them too... *laughs like a maniac*

Or something like that... :grin:

Hehe!

Frosty
    (hehehe!) :confused:

16. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Celestial Fury, since it suited my Kensai well. I especially like its ability to stun.

17. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

CF is My favorite, but where can you get the Silver Sword

18. Arathorn Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Blade of roses is not to shabby of a sword.
    There's nothing extremely special about it. +2 charisma for character but he really needs charisma when you have the ******* ring!!!
    Arbane's sword was quite helpful in casting web and destroying enemies early on when they couldn't free themselves. I felt so bad equipping arbane on someone and casting web the enemies were so helpless it was funny.

19. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well, I like the way the Equalizer looks, it's pretty cool :cool:
    But my favorite is Carsomyr. I like that it can pierce all magic, it's helped ALOT.

20. Arquendil Gems: 1/31

Well, I like the Equilizer because it's really difficult to put together (I hate Mindflayers) and does incredible damage against demons, evil people, and even does disurbingly good damage to Irenicus. That dual-weilded with Spectral Brand...ooooooooo! It's also one of the few weapons that are blue!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.