1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. -OLDWIZARDSIMON- Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

★ SPS Account Holder

Hello, my name is SIMON and just got some old games back up and running. I come from old school 8th addition and love creating modules. Current game I just got running BG2 SOA and thx to admins here for posting patches and good portraits. Hope to get together with a party sometime soon. I have had NWN 2 but CDs were scratched too bad I do believe I have the old Bio Manual. Thx for letting me on and if I somehow misplace my tome I'm sure you'll help me. Signed=Wizard Needs Food Badly! ( :

AnalogProphet likes this.
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  3. Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver Life is complicated, just deal with it

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site ! What's the story?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    How much time do you have? It's a pretty long story... :p

5. Claudia Gems: 1/31

Hi, y'all. Elder gamer here, started in '94 on an apple II, got hooked on BG early on, spend way too much time gaming when I should be writing my memoirs in the music business (classical, rock 'n roll). These type games fit my ADHD perfectly. Later...

Taluntain likes this.
  6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Welcome to SP Claudia!

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hey Claudia! Welcome to SP. Hope to catch you in the forums or the chatroom, some time.

8. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I take it the Apple II was second hand or hand-me-down? By '94 Apple II software was almost completely gone from stores to my frustration since my dad was out of work and I was stuck with an Apple IIGS as my only computer that I'd had since 1988. Well, technically it was still the "family computer". At least until the next year when they got internet at school and the library and I discovered ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net .

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hello … again.

Taluntain likes this.
  10. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey, long time no see eh?

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well life has a way of interrupting fun stuff. I've been so busy with teen brunos that I haven't been able to contribute.

12. Hello world! I have signed up a couple of days ago. I am happy to become a part of this great community!

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Welcome! :)

14. AnalogProphet Gems: 1/31

Poland sounds a lot like the Navy...

15. rjshae Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hello, I just joined this forum and this is my first posting. Greetings! For consistency, I'm using the same moniker I've employed elsewhere. I'm mostly into modding NWN2, but I also enjoy a lot of games; particularly of the tactical cRPG variety. As a recent retiree, I've played most of the RPG classics, from the Gold Box series through BG, IWD, DD, DA:O, NWN1/2, EldScr, PoE1&2, and so forth. Hopefully this site is more RPGWatch-like with less of the rpgcodex brand of toxicity. We'll see how it goes.

Taluntain likes this.
  16. Beren

Media:
    Welcome rjshae.

I know things have slowed down over the years. I myself yearn for the early years when we actually talked about the games themselves a lot. Every poster who joins and contributes can help make a difference, so the door is definitely open. :)

17. rjshae Gems: 2/31

Thank you Beren. Yes it looks to be a little quiet at the moment.

18. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

A NWN2 modder? Cool. I haven't played in a while. I used to play on online servers a dozen or more years ago. I wish I could get some of those early costumes/creature armors back for solo play. I had a Drow Bard with Erinyes armor and sword I wish I'd saved a local copy of. And a high dexterity Weapon Master that I had a funky dancer costume for.

19. rjshae Gems: 2/31

There's fair amount of mods available for NWN2. I don't remember Erinyes armor for PCs though. Maybe it was in the Sexy OC?

20. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

From what I remember it was Monster armor that the person who built the server had figured out how to open for player use. The Sword too. The dancer costume was something from another server. Unfortunately this was like a decade and a half ago and those servers where long gone when I checked last so there is nobody for me to ask. (Maybe we should take this to PM so as not to bother everyone else.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.