1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

[Mod] Ayden Project 2.6.19

Embrace the Shadows

1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Keneth submitted a new resource:

Ayden Project - Embrace the Shadows

Read more about this resource...

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    And feel free to post any bug reports inside the thread. I'll get to them as soon as possible.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Keneth updated Ayden Project with a new update entry:

v2.6 released!

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's been a while since I played BG2, longer since I took Edwin with me. Are these the same scrolls Edwin was looking for that turned him into a woman or was that something else?

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    They are indeed. The Nether scrolls are probably the most coveted items for arcane practitioners in the FR setting. It will also become a point of contention between Edwin and Ayden in BG2 when I get to it.

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Too bad they can't just have the party cleric or even thief (if he can be trusted) make a copy of them so they can share.
    Yes, I know it would be like copying a spell scroll which is why they can't.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Actually, there are ways to copy spell scrolls, but that's kind of besides the point. Nether scrolls are special in that they completely resist any sort of copying and they even display different information for different people and different text every time you read them. They're basically an inexhaustible font of arcane information that's every mage's wet dream. :shake:

8. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Did I hear ejaculation! I'm in :beer:

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    [​IMG]

10. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    There are indeed ways to do so, which is why I specifically said the Cleric or Thief, since they generally cannot copy arcane spell scrolls.
    My point was that it was not as simple as taking the scroll and a blank scroll and simply copying what is there. With mundane text you can do this even if you don't read the language in question, although it can be more difficult with a different alphabet. With magic scrolls it isn't as easy because of magic.
    Actually, I probably should have said "fighter or paladin" instead of thief.

P.S. I honestly don't recall the Nether Scrolls in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. Were they in a supplement not included in the standard boxed set or is it just my bad memory since I haven't read the books cover to cover in 30 years?

11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I don't think there's any mention of them in the campaign guide. I think they're first described in detail in Netheril: Empire of Magic (obviously, since it's the civilization's origin story) and then feature more prominently in books after that.

12. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I don't think I've ever seen that book, much less read it.
    I should have mentioned that my group played 2nd edition.

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    That's the 2e splat book. It's quite good, actually.

14. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Keneth updated Ayden Project with a new update entry:

v2.6.19 update released

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.