1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

D&D Cartoon party for Icewind Dale 2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Wyvern, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Wyvern Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I originally posted this in the Icewind Dale discussion board on GOG, but got no response. So I decided to try posting it here in the hopes that somebody might take an interest.

I thought it would be fun to create a party based on the characters from the D&D cartoon series (seeing as there's six of them, and they make a pretty well-rounded party with a couple of tweaks). I'm not planning on using them myself, mind you -- I already finished the game once with my own original characters, and I don't really have a desire to play through the whole thing again. But I figured I'd make them available as a prefabricated party for anyone interested in trying them out.

However, I'm having a hard time deciding on an in-universe name for the party. The possibilities I've come up with include:

- Hank's Heroes
    - The DM Crew
    - The Wanderers
    - The Lost Ones
    - The Young Ones

I'm not totally sold on any of these, though. I'm currently leaning towards The Lost Ones, but if you have other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Once I've made the final decision, I'll upload them to Google Drive and post a link here for anyone who wants to check them out.

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I was waiting for you to post what the party consisted of. I'm curious, since they used some classes that only existed in 1E or were made into kits in 2E such as the acrobat. I'm curious how you decided to set them up in this 3E game.

3. Wyvern Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sorry for the super-delayed response; when nobody replied within the first couple of weeks, I assumed there just wasn't any interest, and stopped checking. To answer your question, my characters are more "inspired by" the cartoon than an attempt at a 100% faithful conversion. Therefore, Eric is a paladin, Diana is a monk, and Presto is a conjurer (since his magic consisted of pulling stuff out of his hat). The others are the classes you'd expect. Also, I made Bobby a ghostwise halfling to account for his short stature. (The rest are humans.)

If you want to take a look for yourself, here's the link to the file.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.