1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Expansion packs for BGI and II

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by lady agony, Dec 4, 2002.

1. lady agony Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Can someone fill me in into these expansion packs for BG 1 and 2? I am on BGII Shadows and I am wondering if I should get the expansion pack.

Are these packs a add on with the game I am playing now? meaning do I have to do what I did AGAIN? Also BGI I deleted from my PC but imported the main char. I don't know if the orginial save is still there, anyway does this mean I can't do the expansion pack for BG but I have to play it all again?

Don't know if I should skip it and go on to Icewind saga, or maybe the Might and Wiz series.

THanks for all your help.

Lady Agony

[ December 04, 2002, 17:38: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Get the expansion for BG2, it's a must-have expansion! Basically, without trying to spoil anything, it concludes the whole series of Baldur's Gate games.
    As far as your deleted save/saved character you'll have to do everything (in regards to quests) over again, however just import your character in and you can sort of continue where you left off (from an experience level standpoint.)
    If you install the expansion to BG2 you'll not have to do the game over again. Once you complete the main game (Shadows of Amn) you will be immediately taken to where the expansion picks up. I hope this helps.

3. lady agony Gems: 1/31

so BGII expansion is a go but not I? Can I import my mainchar from BGII to I?
    WHat about that saved BGI char. that I used to import to BGII which I am play-ing now??

THanks for the help.

Lady A

4. Atreides Gems: 7/31

The expansion for BG1 adds a new area or few to the game but nothing essential to the plot of the game. It raises the level cap a bit and adds some new items here and there and as I said some interesting sidequests. It's not nearly as expansive (probably a bad choice of words) as the expansion for BG2 (Throne of Bhaal) but it works.
    As for "going backwards" taking a character from BG2 to BG1 you can't do it. There are too many rules changes between the two games (for one, the level cap in BG2 is much higher, even more so with the expansion tacked on.) Anything else I can help with?

5. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

If you roleplay, do NOT play IWD. The story just sucks and the monsters are orcs, goblin and ogres.

6. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] If you roleplay you should still buy Icewind Dale 1 and 2 (and heart of winter of course)
    Yes, you fight a lot but the stories are great.
    The IWDs are more like reading a really great book than playing a game (not necessarily a bad thing)

7. Wargon Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] You should definatly play IWD , I have played #1 and it was really cool fast paced game. Looking foward to # 2 . Xmas is coming and Santa knows I like RPG's. ;)

8. Mauricio Eiji Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

IWD series is really cool, not many choices and sidequests, but still great games.

9. Karunirin Rochambeau Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yeah, the IWD games rock. I wanna play 2, but have to wait awhile. Oh well.

ToB is the greatest expansion. Use any Item, level 40 monks, Jaheira shuts up... you can't go wrong!

10. Atreides Gems: 7/31

I must add my agreement about IWD and IWD2, they are must play games. OK, OK, the story isn't as involved as say BG2, but as someone once put it it's like a novel (which is the point of the game if I understand the intention of Black Isle correctly (just look how things are told as if you have a narator "reading" the story.))

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.