1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Stronghold?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tanthalasa, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Tanthalasa Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] heya

what do u guys think is the most rewarding stronghold? or the most interesting?

2. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

All the strong holds have their merits, and personally I like the mage's one. The fighter one does let you know how good your patience is too tho ;) .

3. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmmm... don't know which is my favorite, but I like the mage's and the thieve's stronghold :cool:

4. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Fighters is kinda ok and mages too.

5. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Hmmm.

Fighter/Monk/Barbarian Stronghold: de'Arnise keep. Not too shabby; tithes don't help too much. Interesting scenarios. Pretty cool.

Ranger Stronghold: It's all right. Protect Imnesvale from some Orcs, save the kids, and get a cool Moon Dog figurine.

Paladin Stronghold: Never done it - but a magical Lion figurine sounds pretty cool. But then again, all you get is a room in the Radiant Order guild.

Cleric Stronghold - Never tried it out. As I understand it, it varies for your alignment. And you get to run a temple!

Druid Stronghold - It's all right. Get a nice club, fight a Troll Shaman, and get to be the Archdruid or whatnot of the area.

Thief Stronghold - Get to run a branch of the Shadow Thieves' guild. Yawn. Make decisions, get money. Not too much to it.

Mage/Sorcerer Guild - Run the Planar Sphere; no travelling around the planes, I'm afraid. Get your apprentices to make magical items and scrolls for you. Quite rewarding.

Bard Stronghold - Very interesting. Direct a play - then get to be in it! Running the Five Flagons is no simple task indeed - especially when you have to defend it from Barbarians.

6. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have only done fighter/theif/ranger/cleric,but here are my thoughts.
    Fighter:I think I like the keep the best.It was one of the biggest and set up in a good location for a base.The quest seemd cool but I admit I never finished this one.
    Thief:Really liked the idea behind it and tied in well with the plot....but who else got tired of running back to it every five days.
    Ranger:Shame this one was so far out the way.This was one of the best developed areas in the game.The Shade Lord quest and the town were just cool.The quest could have been better but they should of done something like in trademeet where they put up sttatues of the party or something.

Cleric:Even though you realy only get a small keep this was well developed too.I was a priest of Helm so that was my church.The quests were fun and got you into your church.

Speaking of Trademeet,have any of you guys done the Druid Grove.How is that?I realy like that towne but dont think I could play a Druid as my main PC.....well maybe in multiplayer..hmm not a bad idea.

[ December 07, 2002, 19:37: Message edited by: Dorion Blackstar ]

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I am currently playing through the game with the 'All Strongholds' MOD installed, so I tell you how I see each one.

****Spoilers*****
    Mage: It's ok, you can get some pretty good stuff from you apprentices in the sphere. Not to hard, but not lacking.

Thief: I hate this stronghold! You do make money, but you have to give a lot of it to Renal Bloodscalp, and you have to get it to him quickly or else you loose the stronghold. I wouldn't recommend this one to anyone.

Paladin: This stronghold is constantly sending you to the Umar Hills to do the Order's dirty work. This is a good stronghold if you like a lot of fighting. I'm still playing through this one, so I'll update as I get further in to it.

Ranger: This stronghold doesn't require too much fighting if you don't want to, except for the battle with Umar. I'm still playing through this one, so I don't know what happens after you get the ranger cabin. I'll update this when I find out.

Bard: I just started this stronghold, so I don't know much about it.

Fighter: I think I'm about half way through this one...updates will come soon.

Druid: I just started this one...updates will come soon.

Cleric: I'm not sure if I finished this one or not. I keep going to se the Dawnmaster guy, but he keeps telling me that the church has no need of me. If it is over, then this stronghold was really easy, and very lacking. I did get some 'boons' though; I guess that was worth it...

Like I said, I'll be updating this as I progress through the strongholds. :rolling:

8. Saruman Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have only completed Ranger and Cleric strongholds.
    Ranger-very little fighting, just those orogs (easy) and Umar (pretty easy). Moon dog figurine is cool, but I didn't have much help from it.
    Cleric-Don't like it, I was a priest of Lathlander and I had to give some advices to people, who come to temple, and kill the Talos leader.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.