1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Assembled items disappear?!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by shadow master, Mar 9, 2021.

1. shadow master Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In BG 2 Every time I assemble an object such as the mask, or Rod they disappears from my inventory but no object is left.

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Usually they are placed into the inventory of your main character. If that is not happening, you might want to look in everyone's inventory to see if they show up elsewhere. There can be issues if the inventory is full, as well, in which case something gets dropped.

3. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I believe that both the character that talks to the person assembling the item, the Bhaalspawn, and (not or) the person whose portrait is in the #1 position in the party all need to have an open slot in their inventory backpack or it might glitch and not give you the resulting product.
    It might be only one of them, but don't be overloaded. Install the stacking mod from the tweaks pack, the bottomless bags of holding, and the ammo belts mod if it helps. I always try to keep one free slot for this reason.
    I also make sure to buy every ammo belt, potion kit, scroll case, and gem bag I can find.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    shadow master likes this.
  4. shadow master Gems: 1/31

Thanks everyone for the help check all the replies and did them several times (lots of saves) but still no items. Shows the parts when I pick them up but when I click on the backpack their gone.

5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You did check character #1's inventory too, right?

6. shadow master Gems: 1/31

yes item parts just wink out and then gone

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I am wondering what mods you have installed and am assuming you are patched to whatever was current. This does not sound like any vanilla game issue I have ever experienced.

8. shadow master Gems: 1/31

Mods?? Have had the game since it came out hard to load in win 10 got it running scared to try up dating it. Have the throne of Bhaal expansion but last time I added it locked up had trouble uninstalling now got the basic game running scared of loosing all I have completed

9. dmc

Media:
    So you are running BG2 with an uninstalled TOB? Is it patched?

10. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Sounds like the trouble I had with installing X-Com 2012 from Steam. It was a Christmas present so it's not like I had a choice about getting the Steam DVD.
    As Cromwell, I do recall not being able to find the completed item if I had my inventories were full. I've taken to making sure to sell extra junk before heading to the Smithy, or at the very least finding a nearby container and dropping a few things like special ammunition for missile weapon that won't fit in the quiver in there temporarily so everyone has an open slot, although I think the issue only happened if the Bhaalspawn/Charname, the person talking to Cromwell, or the person in the #1 (topmost) character position had their inventory full.
    Only the "backpack" area mattered on the inventory screen, and you needed a free slot.

--

Can you tell us what version you have? From that we could discern if it was fully patched. If it isn't, try installing the official patches, it's really necessary, and either Baldurdash or G3 Fixpack (successor to Baldurdash) is strongly recommended.
    The mods I mentioned earlier help with inventory management.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2021
  11. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Media:
    Assuming you're talking about the rift device (rod) and the mask of king strohm, both should assemble and the completed item put in the inventory of the player character.
    case in point in this lets play at around 20 seconds in :

in your case do you get the quest update as usual on picking up the final part of the item collection ? does the log show the message "The Party Has Gained An Item" ?
    If you have no mods currently installed I can only assume that this is a hold-over bug in the original BG2, and only the right patch/fixpack will help you out.
    It's always best to run with the latest available patches and fixes for a game, and in case of the base bg2 patches, save games *should* stay functional, though once installed, the only way to go back to an unpatched version is to reinstall BG2. If you're really that worried, back up your save game files before running any patches and the like.
    You can grab the official patch to the game right here on sorcerers' : https://sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_misc.php

12. shadow master Gems: 1/31

Thank you will do God bless

13. dmc

Media:
    That's why I wanted to know if you were patched.

14. shadow master Gems: 1/31

no patches don't know how ,where and don't want to loose my game up to chap. 4 have lost all quest items that where in parts
    up to there

15. dmc

Media:
    In general, you pretty much want to patch any game like this with the last patch available because it fixes a host of bugs and issues like the ones you are currently experiencing. If you don't patch it, you can expect to continue to have bugs.

16. shadow master Gems: 1/31

okay what patch where to get it and how to install it

17. dmc

Media:
    As xosmi wrote above:

As far as which one to use, given that you said you do not have TOB on this install, you would pick the applicable patch from the top entry. I don't know where you are to know which one you should pick, but it should be pretty obvious.

Installing it is just following the directions.

18. shadow master Gems: 1/31

have TOB any advice on in stalling it on win. 10 took me a couple tries to get BG2 to rum

19. dmc

Media:
    Not sure. I did it about five or more years ago on my previous machine but when that one died, I decided it wasn't worth breaking out the discs again to try to figure out what I did, and I bit the bullet and bought the EE versions. They play better with modern computers, come pre-patched and are basically more optimal.

20. shadow master Gems: 1/31

Loaded TOB using "run as administrator" working fine that you

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.