1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt on Insane

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by IronEagle, Apr 24, 2001.

1. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

just asking anyone actually attacked his party with out any cheap tactics? on the Insane difficulty.
    Well i did just a bit ago with Minsc, korgon, valygar, me (monk), viconia and Jan
    and drizzt does lots of damage on core rules, but on insane, he kills!
    but with a Monk Level 17, frost giant str belt (20-80 damage a hit) he killed 4 guys alone.. But Korgon, and minsc both got umm... for lack of a better word SPLAT, no more, poof, gone, ect. Just wondering has anyone else beat him fair(on insane), i had to reload and summon mountain bears...

2. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] im not sure you would call this fair but i had every1 invisible n then i'd keep backstabbing drizzt and company with my stalker n drinking another potion of invisibility. Barely took that much damage on insane.

3. ayecapitan Guest

isnt that called 'cheap tactics'? :)

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] If it works, it works ;)
    Besides, you're telling me you'd rather attack Drizzt face to face?!

5. ayecapitan Guest

me morale wouldnt let attack drizzt at all!

6. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Change to the Slayer, let cast improved haste to yourself and wack him! he can't hit back, because you are now attacking 10 times per round. He has no time to strike back because he is dead in one round, and you have four more rounds to finish the rest. It's easy!

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

it's easy... but is it satisfying? Change into the slayer and kill drizzt's party... 2 evil deeds.

8. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] Aye, evil!

I was just curious, if I could kill the whole pack with my char.

I did not save the game after, cause I like Drizzt.

9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Killing Drizzt?
    I've not even tried since I saw no point in it. However, it seems like this could be a fun challenge on Insane, so I like to follow the discussion.

- Drinking invisibility potions.
    Sure, that's fair IMO, if they don't detect invisible or prepare to defend against invisibility it's an acceptable flaw in their defenses. They could try True Sight or even Web to catch that guy.
    (Unacceptable flaw would be something like standing still in a Cloudkill area.)

- Slayer change is fair as well I guess, but not very rewarding since it's a no-brainer.

10. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31

I also tried it the hard way.
    I let Nalia cast lower resistance at Drizzt, while Imoen did cast chaos about two times.
    I experienced, that Drizzt and his party had fallen into the chaos spell, and begun to hit each other(Drizzt vs. Bruenor, while Catty Brie shot Drizzt with her bow).It was fun. Every member of Drizzt's party have some sort of magic resistance, so this doesn't work well in all times. Also, Drizzt has a great magic resistance around 80-90% so soften him with lower resistance before confusing him.
    The confused bunch is still dangerous, but: no sweat no wictory!

11. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

so your telling me none of you have beaten drizzt in a fair face to face, no summoning fight? I have 2 times now but each time i lost a guy in gore, but i think i figured out a way to beat him fair face to face with no summons and on insane. Jahiera casts iron skins and get her to attract drizzts fire, now while they are fighting, im gunna send my monk to kill the archer, while korgon and minsc kill the other 2 attackers. Improved haste on korgon and minsc should, give me enough time so that i can get to attacking drizzt before the iron skins run out. (though iron skins is a rather lame spell and i dont use it often cuz of that). But i guess i gotta give it a shot.

12. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This might sound like overkill, but I cut Drizzt's party to pieces using this method: Nalia casts Timestop, summons 3 Mordenkainen Swords (AC -20!), Improves Hastes and Strengthens all three... suffice it to say, the battle didn't last long. Works well on dragons, too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.