1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The only way to win, is not to play at all.

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you don't play at all you can't win henkie. Also it makes for dull times.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  4. Dice

Media:
    Sadly I didn't catch that. The cake is a lie :(.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If you argue with yourself, it means that you want to do, or did, something that you really should not have done or are going to do.

6. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I don't remember the name of the movie, and, after looking up the relevant quote, I seem to have been adlibbing it a bit. But it's still sound advice ;)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  7. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Nah.

I argue with myself because there's what I want to be true, and then there's the truth.

These days, I know the game was lost multiple decades ago, though. The cost to get rid of the irrational anger was several chunks of brain, which means I'm now very understandably angry about that.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Boo.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  10. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't remember any details about the product name; and their stock changes so regularly I have no idea if they still have it; but a few years ago Sam's Club was sampling some almond milk cheese. It was actually pretty good, but cost twice as much as the other cheeses for a smaller package.
    I no longer have that awful part-time job at Sam's, and have let my membership lapse when I got a temp-to-hire job at the start of last year (that didn't work out thanks to COVID, I was let go in March, though they brought me back for a week in July as a temp to help shut things down). There are three Costcos closer than the nearest Sam's Club which are 10 miles away.

Dice likes this.
  11. Dice

Media:
    Is that a ghost I see?

Good to know that there is something out there that represents vegan cheese that doesn't taste like cardboard anus.

12. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Yeah, sorry I can't give you any more details. I searched for "cheese" on www.samsclub.com but did not find anything like what I described.
    It could have been a seasonal product (and a lot of them are not obviously seasonal, but they still only have them at certain times of the year) or it could be that nobody was buying it and they stopped carrying it. It may no longer be made.
    I haven't been inside Sam's since December of 2019. Right before New Years and my membership expired in April and I choose not to renew.

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Minsc.

14. Disciple of The Watch

And is that a beautiful lady I see?

15. Dice

Media:
    It's a spider, Disciple.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Ah. Bollocks. :p

Dice likes this.
  17. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I was just musing that yesterday was the Superbowl and I didn't even realize it until I saw the newspaper. I didn't know who was playing other than "not the Chicago Bears".
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only guy in America who isn't into sports.
    Even guys who are normally not into football seem obsessed with the Superbowl. As far as I'm concerned, if it isn't the Bears I could care less.
    Even when it is the Bears (only happened twice, once in first grade, once a few years back) I've only got about as much enthusiasm as the average football fan has for an ordinary game.

Am I the only one who has the attitude of "If it isn't a team from my city/area, I'm not interested"?

18. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    As I get older, I find that my enthusiasm for watching most any sport has been waning. I did watch the superbowl, but that was mainly because there really wasn't anything else to do. It was a bad game with teams I did not care about (not that I actually care about any NFL team any more because the "sport" is just a brutal modern version of Roman gladiators with a little less death).

I find that I can watch the occasional basketball game. For example, even though I am a Lakers fan, I watched only about 10 minutes of all of last season's playoffs, and the Lakers actually won the championship. Meh.

I do still watch grand slam tennis. That's about it.

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm not interested regardless of whether a team is from my city.

20. henkie

Media:
    I prefer doing sports than watching sports. And if to watch sports, make it cycling or cross-country skying. Football is far enough down the list of priorities that I couldn't tell you who was the world champion last time that was a thing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.