1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How much do you like Trump?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Dice, Nov 12, 2020.

?

On a scale of 1 - 10 how much do you like Trump. 1 - Hate, 10-Love

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    "Kingdom is formally excluded from being a democracy" Statement is 100% wrong. The King has an very limited role. He is absolutely not a president. Our Prime minister has the role of the president, but because he has to work with others he cannot force one sided issues that do not pass the the constitution. And we have both a house and a senate.

We look at the USA from outside the box. We see only two parties. Democratic and Republic. So we ask ourselves why only two? We see how those two parties just battle it out as two cage fighters with no regard for the people. So, we ask ourselves, not being part of that system, what will happen if an outsider forms a real party that can step into that cage as a sort of referee and stop that mindless clobbering.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Yeah true, I know there are more parties but they never stand any chance do they due to "the winner takes it all"? Democracy is a bit different here, we don't have the "winner takes it all", I guess that is the biggest difference. If 51% votes for A and 49% for be, 100% of what can be won will go to A. That's strange to our liking. You can get a president elected with less votes than the other candidate (like happend in 2016 and a couple of times in the past).

And true, we are a monarchy still because we have a King and Queen, but they are no part of the lagislation, they do not have the power to change anything of the law on their own. Only the parliament can do that.

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    The Libertarians and the Greens had that idea. They haven't been too successful despite putting candidates on the ballet in every election I've been able to vote in. They've occasionally managed to get State representatives or senators, and once or twice sent a representative to the House in Washington, but never got any significant votes in the governor or presidential races. I don't recall any Green or Libertarian senators from Illinois either.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I know.

In our system anyone can get a go at the elections. Take Wilders, a back bencher for VVD(centre right liberals). He took his seat in the house(1/150) and set up shop. He got 9 seats, after that he got around 25 or so and stayed in the region of 20 seats.

Current Dutch government has 75 seats(one dissident) So it needs to get one party from the opposition. The minority in the senate is even less. Its gives a more centralized balance, at the cost of fast decision making. If our elections shift the government to the left, the large centre keeps it from capsizing to the left like it cannot do to the right now. Some countries, like France, had election with three candidates for president. A second round is needed.

Say, you have 4 parties in the US. the result is 20-20-20-40. Than one of the 20's is kingmaker and can demand things, or ignore the 40. Once we had a centre left winner in 77. But they were not able to get the total majority during formation(53/150 seats) and so the biggest party did not sit in the government.

In a way it makes the US system seems simple.

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

More simple can be good sometimes. Things are more clear and transparant. In the Netherlands, the larger parties all became smaller, we got so many small parties back. Making a coalition with at least four, more likely 5 parties after the next election can be pretty difficult as well. I prefer a system with more parties and no "winner takes it all-system" because it seems to be more democratic to me, though 15 parties might be a bit too much :-)

Dice likes this.
  7. Merlanni

Media:
    It are the parties who wear a disguise during electiontime that worry me the most. That is the problem with a manyy party system. In the US you know what you vote for. Either democrats or Republican.

Back to the start. I heard about the RHINO's. Republicans in name only. Those will make a good party between the two. Rhino it is. The fourth, to the left of the democrats, what shall we call that. Something cuddly?

8. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Well, if you have Rhinos, then the Democrats need to have their DINOs. Which can be as cute and cuddly as the dreaded Barney or as fierce and nasty as the real-life T-Rex.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  9. Merlanni

Media:
    Good choice.

10. triptych Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I don't know much about his policies, but I do know that he's hilarious. During the 2016 primaries, he had the energy of a catty gay guy. It's like he treated his rallies and debates like stand-up comedy sets. Regular politicians debate each other with snide, passive aggressive remarks. It was such a delight when Trump came in with his schoolyard banter that took his opponents completely off guard. He's so naturally funny and ridiculous that I think all attempts at satirizing him have fallen short to stuff Trump actually says and does. He's beyond parody.

That isn't to say I approve of his actions or think he shouldn't be scrutinized. Society has to be at a low point for him to get as far as he did. I just think he's funny.

11. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I believe I said this earlier.
    That would be interesting and entertaining if he were a fictional President on a show like The West Wing. It is quite another thing to have him as the actual, real-life President. That is why I hate him as a candidate and have never voted for him.

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Yeah, clowns are good for a circus, you don't want one as a president.... especially not when it's a very unreliable one.... :rolleyes:

13. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I think the late Bozo would have been a better President than Trump. So would Cookie.

14. catbert

catbert Midnight Snack Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    An honest question, can you give some specific examples of when you think Trump was "naturally funny"? I see this point made often, usually by non-constituents, and always struggle to see where they're coming from.

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Today is another sad day for democracy and for the United States. Somehow, the US still seems to think they are the greatest country in the world.... I doubt it, what’s happening today is more the kind of news I expect to happen in other countries with less democratic views. It’s ashaming that this is all happening in the US. And with a president telling his people without any evidence that the election is rigged and Dems stole victory, it’s hard to say Trump is not responsible, even though he twittered that the people should not to be violent and finally to go home as well.

SlickRCBD likes this.
  16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'd say that Trump is a pathological liar, but no pathological liar actually lies anywhere near as much as he does. He's literally trying to create a reality out of a perpetual series of lies, hour by hour, day after day. Even in the weak attempt at calling off his manipulated mob, he can't stop lying and basically encourages them. I'm sure that there have been many bad presidents in the history of the US, but I can't think of anyone more morally corrupt than Trump. Lying about your own sins is one thing, but lying with the intent to pervert the course of democracy in the entire nation literally feels like an act of treason to me. Not just sedition.

For those not keeping up with the news: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/06/business/sedition.html

Dice likes this.
  17. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Didn't BTA say that he doesn't pay attention to what politicians say? Well, he's clearly in the minority. Words matter.

I want to see all his lawyers disbarred and I want to see those whose words led to today's events tossed in jail, including Trump.

18. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I won't deny I find the USA as a nation quite arrogant and self certain at times, but todays events are not something anyone who believes in concepts such as Democracy wants to see. And being very blunt, so much of today and the events driving it can be laid at Trump's door.

(Plus there's rumours that at a time of National Lockdown in the UK, he thinks he can come and play golf in Scotland to avoid the inauguration.)

There are words I'd use to describe him right now, but I suspect they'd get me permanently banned from the site.

Dice and Shadowcouncil like this.
  19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I seriously can't listen to politicians; it's almost painful. They are all liars and whores and seriously, Trump is not the worst; he's more of a used car salesman who exaggerates everything and tries to make himself out to be the greatest Human who ever lived.

But to say there is no evidence of a rigged election is to not be paying attention. All the battleground states violated their election laws and their own state constitutions to change the voting laws illegally. I'm pretty surprised that there is apparently no recourse for such things; the Supreme Court wouldn't even hear the cases brought to them.

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    A lot of things changed this year as far as voting goes. Being in a pandemic made that a necessity, although Trump's actions certainly didn't reflect world concern. I'm surprised you're still holding onto that BT. If you recognise that Trumps a liar then why are you still believing him?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.