1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Me and my teenage son and our cat. I did jump on a listing for a place pretty close. It's more expensive and less nice than where we live but it'll be suitable if I get it. I texted and emailed about 4 different people regarding it so you can be sure the rental manager will know my name by tomorrow lol.

2. Dice

Media:
    Its amazing that I have a list of about 1000 things to do and I don't feel like doing any of it. Might as well start with menial tasks, to kill the time while I wait for the phone to ring.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It sucks to be forced to move like that. We moved to a new house a few months back, and I'm still unpacking stuff. Also, we have way too much stuff. Probably should have sifted through the things and should have thrown away what we didn't use the last few years, but we moved to a newly built house, and I still have plenty of work to do on the house itself (and no time, with two young kids).

Good luck trying to find something, Dice. Hope it works out for you.

Around here a lot of people seem to move around, even with covid. Or maybe because of it. Don't want to be stuck in a small house when you're so limited in where you can go. Houses with gardens seem to go like hot cakes, anyway.

4. Dice

Media:
    Thanks henkie.Who wouldn't want a house with a garden?

Well didn't hear back about the apartment, but I did get an email telling me I'm a step closer to getting a job I'm aiming for. Sometimes I think I just run on adrenaline and luck. I just keep reminding myself things could be much worse.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Fingers crossed *casts bless*

Hm we do have a small garden, though In autumn / winter times I don't use it. Without a garden, you can still go outside, to a park / forest / whatever. During the first wave, I've spent more time outdoors then in my garden. A garden is nice though. :-) People are less limited to the office, lots of offices are in bigger cities where houses are more expensive and a garden is uncommon. Even after covid, I think people will work more at home.. and that's why they move further away from the place they work... to places where houses have gardens and affordable.

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    That must really suck. COVID is the main reason I haven't gone looking for an apartment since my mother can take care of herself again. I was originally planning on moving out in August.
    Of course losing a job didn't help.

7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, there's only so many times you can go to the park without it becoming old. In the beginning the park was also closed for a while, then you were allowed inside, but not allowed to sit on the benches, and when the weather was nice, there was a ton of people. Even now, there's apparently a lot of people going to the park.

Also, preparing and walking with two kids who may or may not want to go to the park is not that great, either. They usually like it when they're outside, but that doesn't mean they can't be a right pain in the ass when dressing up.

A garden is easier, just kick the kids outside to play, and you can keep an eye on them from the comfort of our living room. Or the terras, once it gets warmer. And once I get around to making the terras.

8. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No, not usually I don´t. Usually I either leave them on a small bedside table as I take them off as the last thing before going to bed, or leave them in the bathroom on the washing machine after brushing my teeth and heading for bed. I suspect that I somehow - despite my tiny figure of only 110 kilogramms - have grazed along something else next to the glasses so that they were on the brink of falling and fell then later unnoticed to me. Having no frame around the glasses helps their camouflage if they lay anywhere else than expected.

9. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No, I certainly will place them intentionally again at places where I would walk over them. Right next to the areas where I store my collection of broken glass, rusty nails, wooden splinters and used injection needles spread out over the floor... :rolleyes:

10. Dice

Media:
    Oh good, so then my suggestion to you was useful :deadhorse:

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    To be without the garden..... So nice to watch the plants grow, to come back the next morning and notice that one of the Wisteria's has bloomed.

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

And have coffee there in the morning sun :-)

Yeah a garden is easier. My two kids usually come with me when we go to the forest or heatherfield without complaining. Yet... Olders is becoming 5 with Christmas. I wonder how long it will last.... :-)

13. Dice

Media:
    Tell me about it. My 15 yr old hardly ever comes with me anymore when I pop down to the beach, and he used to love it when we first moved here 4 years ago. He is still willing to go snorkelling with me during the few months of the year when the ocean is warm enough to swim in.

@Shadowcouncil I've never walked through a heatherfield. That sounds nice.

14. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Well, they were warning people away from the public beaches this year because of COVID. In fact, the beaches and pools were closed. I'm not sure if the beaches in Chicagoland were open at all this year, I know the pools in Arlington Heights were never filled. Worse, it was one of the hottest summers overall, although I swear 1988, 1995 and 2012 seemed hotter. Heck even 2007 seemed hotter, but that might have had to do with my job where I had to wear thick denim jeans (for protection, and it was justified as they saved me from numerous cuts on rough surfaces) and a fairly thick company polo shirt while installing P.O.S. systems in hot pizzerias.
    https://www.illinoisstormchasers.com/forecasts/hottest-summer-on-record-for-chicago

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Hm a pity, I did plenty of swimming this summer. Outdoors is pretty safe, the virus wasn't very active in summer, keeping 2 meters distance on the beach is usually not a huge problem.

The place I live is surrounded by forest and heather fields and I can walk to there in about 10 minutes. It's lovely in the end of summer (and other times of the year as well). I've spent a lot of evenings there, after working from home, I was happy to leave home for some hiking or cycling in the evenings :-)

[​IMG]

(I would love to trade it for a year or so for Vancouver Island btw ;) )

16. Dice

Media:
    That looks a little like some parts of Northern Alberta. Reminds me of home, with the fields and short trees. Lovely photo, Shadow. I'm sure it feels much different from Alberta though. Does the heather give off a particular scent?

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Like regular nectar, not as strong and special as the lavender-fields in France for example :-)

18. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Media:
    Just a heads up, you can currently grab Pillars of Eternity : Definitive edition for free on the EPIC gamestore. It'll be available until 12/17/2020 so be sure to pick it up if you don't have it already.

The Definitive Edition includes the base Pillars of Eternity game, the expansions The White March: I & II, as well as all bonus content from the Royal Edition.

Dice likes this.
  19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  20. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Media:
    Ah right, i did do a quick search on the forum but must've glanced over it or not have used the right search term.
    Still, it's a great game nonetheless & it can't hurt reminding people to pick it up before the offer is gone.

We're about to have another wave of stricter COVID lockdown regulations over here so i'm planning on polishing off some of the backlog of unplayed games in my collection, there's been a ton of great giveaways this year. :grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.