1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How much do you like Trump?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Dice, Nov 12, 2020.

?

On a scale of 1 - 10 how much do you like Trump. 1 - Hate, 10-Love

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    This is a simple poll. How do you feel about tRump? You have to vote to see the results

2. Generic Imp

Generic Imp Kinda majestic, huh?

I'm voting 10. Why? Because I love Trump, he's a living meme. Take this video of Trump singing Aqua's Barbie Girl. The pure entertainment factor of Trump is why I like him, he's fun to make fun of.

Taluntain likes this.
  3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I am profoundly embarrassed by the fact that he was elected president and received so many votes this recent election as well. I find his personality repugnant and his norm-breaking behavior to be damaging to the country.

If we were just looking at the policies he pursued, I have a problem with some of them and agree with others, and my vote on this poll would be very different. However, you cannot separate the way he implements the policies and the way he behaves from the actual policies, notwithstanding what others may argue. Over 20,000 documented lies and mis-statements don't help either. In short, if he were just the guy from the Apprentice, or the bombastic NY real estate guy from the 80's, no one would care. As the president, it matters.

He gets a 1.

Drew, pplr and Taluntain like this.
  4. Dice

Media:
    Imp - I have to admit that the video was kind of entertaining. As far as Trump parody there's far better out there though.

dmc - I agree with most of what you said however I'm Canadian so instead of embarrassment, I've just felt stunned and appalled that a "person" like that could ever get into office in the USA.

pplr likes this.
  5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    As a TV personality on a show like The Apprentice? He's decent entertainment.
    As a boss or authority in charge of people? He's a poster child for the type of manager or authority I hate: A lying hypocrite, who goes with "My rules are not your rules" and "Do as I say, not as I do" and "It's OK for me to do it, not for you. You're an inferior" (They never actually use the word inferior, but something like "child" or "student" or something to indicate "subordinate".

Sorry, but a character on a TV show is one thing, an actual leader or boss is quite another.
    Darth Vader is a great villain and probably contributed as much to making Star Wars entertaining as anybody else, but I wouldn't want to serve on his ship. Same goes for Trump.

pplr and Dice like this.
  6. Generic Imp

Generic Imp Kinda majestic, huh?

You mean you don't want to be force choked? Weird. I can see where you are coming from. Trump hasn't been a great president by any means and he has certainly done things wrong.

However regardless of if people hate him or not he's entertaining. His mannerisms, all his controversies and the outrageous things he says such as his stop the count tweet. He can get a reaction from people, maybe you absolutely hate his guts or you love him etc.

I personally find Trump a great laugh. Which is why I like him, for that reason. He's certainly not boring, unlike the majority of people involved in politics.

pplr likes this.
  7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Yes, but a President needs to run the country well, not just entertain people.
    If we had a President like Trump on a show like West Wing, that would be fine, but NOT in the actual real-world White House.
    I hate him as a leader or manager.

Sorry, but I had a bunch of bad authority figures when I was in 2nd & 3rd grade, 8th grade, and to a lessor extent high school. Trump hits some of my buttons with double standards. Like how it's O.K. for him to insult other people and they are expected to take it, but if they insult him back he retaliates both barrels blazing.
    Ok, maybe slightly exaggerated (for Trump) but you get my point. I did NOT want him in the White House.

pplr likes this.
  8. Dice

Media:
    Classic sociopathic behavior. He's nothing but a blathering bully who's too stupid to know when to stop. Also sorry you had to deal with assholes when you were a kid.

pplr likes this.
  9. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I had years of counseling, although it never did do much my deep seated mistrust of authority figures and general trust issues (which has caused plenty of problems). Still, when my parents pulled me out and spent my college fund to send me to a private school I'm pretty sure I was suffering from PTSD, but back in the late '80s they didn't diagnose kids with that. Heck, I'm not sure if they even called it PTSD instead of "shell shock" or "battle fatigue" as I did not hear the term PTSD until the Persian Gulf War in 1991, well, maybe during Operation Desert Shield at the end of 1990 despite getting psychological help for the trauma of 2nd & 3rd grade (I did say bad authority figures).

Back at the start of 4th grade I thought the only difference between an authority and a bully was some nebulous thing called "legitimacy". Keep in mind I was 9 years old, my vocabulary and understanding of the world has grown since 1988.

pplr likes this.
  10. Dice

Media:
  11. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Either on December 14 or more likely January 6th when the results are officially certified and all challenges are resolved.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  12. Dice

Media:
    Is it possible for a person to be so delusional that they can't accept the words of millions of people?

13. Saggaris Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah, I guess so, after all he won the election yet still others rejected his leadership with a moronic childishness... it's simply the media controlling most of the information we get, I guess that's why he trusts very few at their word, we had the same here with Brexit.

14. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Also the results were a lot closer than I was expecting. I wonder if he would have reacted differently if it was a clear landslide.
    Make no mistake, I want him out, and never wanted him in the first place as he just hits too many of my buttons for the type of authority figures I hate, but I have to acknowledge the results were a lot closer than I expected for such a blatantly hypocritical liar that shows no respect for those below him in station or power.

pplr and Dice like this.
  15. Dice

Media:
    Why would Trump trust people at their word when he himself spouts a constant stream of lies? Sadly the real sheep are the ones that believe him.

Funny how people who love trump like to use the old "It's the media that makes him look bad." argument. The truth is that he makes himself look bad and gives the media A LOT to talk about.

Btw Biden won this election. Don't know if you get that. Federal judge just threw out Trumps campaign in Pennsylvania. All that's left is Trump squawking and spending more tax payer money while he sinks himself lower. If you love him that much you can always donate to his gofundme.

pplr likes this.
  16. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I think it's the same kind of people idiots that believe that a rape victim who dressed in sexy clothes deserved to get raped.
    Or that bullying victims are doing something to provoke the bullies into doing stuff to them, and if they would just stop making themselves a target the bullies would stop. Alternately the ones who say "they are just trying to get a rise out of you. If you'd just ignore them they would stop. You could solve the problem if you would just ignore it and/or walk away".
    Or that a woman whose husband hits her deserved it because of something she did like not having dinner ready on time.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    pplr and Dice like this.
  17. Saggaris Gems: 1/31

That is one sick assessment,
    Rape is an extraordinarily abusive crime that along with domestic abuse is far from this petty political argument, you should be ashamed of yourself for even considering belittling these violent crimes to prove (wrongly) a point.

18. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I was belittling the idiots who believe that bullshit, not the crimes.
    I was saying it was the same brand of idiocy where they put the blame on the wrong person.

pplr likes this.
  19. Saggaris Gems: 1/31

It is not the same brand of idiocy at all, it remains a terrible and thoughtless analogy.

20. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

For people with narcissism, yes.

pplr likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.