1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Exciting poll about you

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Sep 10, 2020.

?

How smart do you think you are?

1. Smarter than everyone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Smarter than most people

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Average

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Less smart than most people

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Dumber than a sac of sacs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. A smart ass

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I went with smarter than most people, but I have some justification for it even outside of computer games. :p

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    lol I thought you might choose the top line. :p As far as academic intelligence you're definitely up there.

3. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Beren :p My mention of computer games that require strategic/tactical/critical-thinking skills was only part of the equation; I have a variety of reasons for believing I'm smarter than average. But still I'm assuming that people who pick games that require brains to play over passively and vegetatively watching TV are smarter than average because of the fact that we choose things that stimulate our brains for entertainment.

templarseeker likes this.
  4. templarseeker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ouch sorry my bad. you got me there again :eek:!

Told you my English was not that great :D

Dice likes this.
  5. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    My IQ test says I'm smarter than most people. My real life experience says I'm dumber than a brick.

6. Dice

Media:
    Lol Ken, you're another person I thought might choose as the smartest one in the poll :p I think life experience is a matter of wisdom rather than smarts.

7. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well the thing is, when you work where I do, you're surrounded by a lot of brilliant people as colleagues. And it becomes hard, even arrogant, to say that I'm smarter than the rest of them. And some of my colleagues, I definitely don't think I can make that conclusion even if I'm not selling myself short. A different perspective and circumstance. :)

8. Dice

Media:
    Excellent answer Beren, and I believe nobody who answers the poll as being the smartest, would actually be the smartest one. The poll is more about how people see themselves. I asked everyone how smart they "think" they are.

Tal pretty much nailed it with the first comment he left. :p

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This test has been done many times by many psychologists, and the results always come out that a large proportion of people claim to be smarter than average, which is a statistical impossibility - which proves that humans are not very good at assessing their intelligence, or have a poor understanding of statistics.

10. Dice

Media:
    Yeah people are egocentric. Also some of them might have a poor understanding of statistics as well. So did you participate in the poll?

11. triptych Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Interesting how nobody chose the 1st option. So humble!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.