1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Exciting poll about you

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Sep 10, 2020.

?

How smart do you think you are?

1. Smarter than everyone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Smarter than most people

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Average

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Less smart than most people

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Dumber than a sac of sacs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. A smart ass

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I want to pick two of these . . . :p

3. Dice

Media:
    I wanted to pick two of these as well, and I think it's the same two :p

4. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I have a feeling that this makes three of us. :D

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think we are all smart asses, so the only question is whether the other one we want to pick is the same . . .

6. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

I am guessing that since the three of us posted; and three people voted on the poll then our congruity on our vote states that our other choice was identical too. ;)

Of course on the assumption that it was the three of us who voted.

7. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Heh, :beer:That was also my second choice but that proves I'm wrong :)

8. templarseeker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm just a average person through and through... Nice to see there are smart people among the crowds :)

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think that most people consider themselves smarter than average. Which just goes to show how wrong we all are. :shake:

Dice and templarseeker like this.
  10. Dice

Media:
    I figured it would be funny if we all thought we were smarter than everyone else. Truth be told, sometimes the smartest people think they are only average ;) But I guess now you know you're surrounded by a bunch of egomaniacs :D :D

templarseeker likes this.
  11. templarseeker Gems: 1/31

Hmm... Just an average person, nothing to see here lol :D

And anyways I don't mind being together with egomaniacs. At least it won't be boring and things would be interesting! ;)

Dice likes this.
  12. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Hm, not that I really trust online IQ tests but I've always scored very well (130-160 the last was an "official Harvard" test that actually took my age into account). And I know that most of us gamers are smart and imaginative; have to be to enjoy RPGs and all the strategy and puzzle-solving.

Man the last couple days has been puzzle-solving trying to find a help guide on how to pull off a game romance for an old NWN premium module. Plenty of articles saying it can be done; none explaining HOW.

13. Dice

Media:
    @ Wicked P - I think there's a number of aspects that intelligence tests can't really measure accurately. It's good that your test took your age into account. Region is also important, I think.

@templarseeker - Lol, all in all we're a pretty good group.

@dmc - A smart ass is better than any of those other options :D

14. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Yeah I understand that the tests that take age into account are generally more accurate as the older we get the slower our brains tend to function. I tend to second-guess myself a lot on stuff like those tests and worry about my accuracy so much that I might be skewing the test with my dithering on the answers. Part of the tests are how many answers you got right; part of it is in how quickly you can answer them all. I'm not sure how they weight the two.

15. templarseeker Gems: 1/31

It's safe to assume that everyone gathered here are indeed intelligent individuals since at least everyone here played Baldur's Gate, a game that requires constant reading and formulating battle tactics on the fly to overcome foes of varies kind. The casual gamer wouldn't be able to pull it off!:cool:

As Dice has said, we're a pretty good group :D

And I don't much believe being smart is required to be successful in life. You just need to have "faith" in yourself.

Dice and Taluntain like this.
  16. Dice

Media:
    HA! Got you there! I never played Baldur's Gate. :p :p

Lot of NWN and NWN2 etc. but no Baldurs.

17. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The only reason I ever stayed with this site (don't talk on any others besides my comic books) is because I got a vast array of individuals around the world. It pleases me that there are some smart people out there and I get to talk to them :) :beer:

8people and Taluntain like this.
  18. templarseeker Gems: 1/31

Whoa! You really got me there alright lol ;)

well I've only played the base games of NWN and its sequel. didn't had the opportunity to play their expansions. perhaps in the future.

I'm much more interested with Pathfinder Kingmaker, while despite being 3.5 edition, almost all the aspect of the game resembles that of Baldur's Gate since you can have up to 6 party members and all the wonderful stuff.

I didn't really like the first NWN but I had tons of fun playing NWN2! Qara being my favorite party companion despite being crazy lol:D

19. Dice

Media:
    I think you meant to say "because of" instead of saying "despite". :D

20. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

I've never completed BG or BG2. I've started BG several times but lost interest around the time I get inside "the Gate" as the city adventure part gets convoluted and confusing even to me. Outside Baldurs Gate you can chase down one quest at a time; inside it seems like every time you turn around you get shanghaied into another quest before you can complete very many. I lose track of what I'm trying to accomplish.

By contrast I've completed most of the NWN and NWN2 games; DragonAge: Origins and Inquisition (man did COMPLETING that one take forever); DungeonSiege I and II; KotoR I and II; Temple of Elemental Evil and many others.

And I'll agree that being smart doesn't equate to being successful in life. Being stupidly bull-headed enough to keep going even when you keep failing is more of a key.

Of course there's the Confucius misquote (supposedly he never said this; but he SHOULD have): "true strength is not in never falling down; but in getting up every time you fall down."

The people who succeed in life are those who take failure as a challenge to fight harder next time and "never give up; never surrender."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.