1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baldur's Gate 3 Leaked Screenshots

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Taluntain, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Did anyone catch the live PAX stream yesterday? Game is definitely turn based. Looks very good imo.

3. VENOM GRIM Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

I don't like turn based games personally.

4. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    WOW! I might have to buy a new computer for this :beer:

5. templarseeker Gems: 1/31

It's a pity Baldur's Gate 3 is going to be a turn based game now instead of a real time tactical pause like previous infinity engine games are...
    When I saw the gameplay of BG3 for the first time, it kinda remind me more of Dragon Age Origins than Baldur's Gate....
    I might have to call this game Dragon's Gate Origins it the graphics highly resembles that of DAO rather than BG...

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm not likely to get the game until many months after its release. (Unless everyone says it just blows them away, I don't feel the urgency on this game.)

Contrast that to when Tales of the Sword Coast came out, I remember going to the Electronics Boutique to buy it the first day.

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't know when I'll get it either; the unplayed games list of mine just keeps growing. I haven't even downloaded Wasteland 3 yet. But I have always preferred the turned-based RPGs (like Temple of Elemental Evil or the Wasteland games) to the real time with or without pause, so I hope that's true.

8. templarseeker Gems: 1/31

Even though this game is the official "Baldur's Gate 3" I think I'm going to pass this game as this is not what I think Baldur's Gate should be and would rather play other games which consider themselves the "spiritual successor" of BG such as Pillars of Eternity or Pathfinder Kingmaker.

Speaking about other games! I did tried playing Temple of Elemental once and luckily beat/finished the game. Damn its really hard to play it without a walkthrough. A very nice D&D game that uses the 3rd edition. only problem that its buggy and I had to make a couple of reloads to stabilize the game or even restart my PC.

Also played the original wasteland 2 which is really unforgiving and pretty immersive game! haven't played a game before that was so bleak and hopeless.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    Draco Vlasavius likes this.
  9. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm finishing up another run at Temple of Elemental Evil with the Co8 mod myself. I'm basically getting ready for the final boss fight. And trying to imagine how to put together my next party.

On topic though; I'm kind of excited about this BG3 game. I haven't finished any of the Larian games because sometimes their play balance is crap IMHO but their games are pretty fun. (I've never finished a BG game either - just started another one recently but I'm jumping around games atm.) But like Blackthorn I've got a long list of unplayed or barely played or unfinished games.

10. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Well poop; the game is out and my system doesn't meet minimum requirements. There's a promise of an extra companion for Early Access people and I want; but I'm not going to buy a game I can't play. And can't really buy a new machine just to play it. :p

11. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    From what I saw the price is pretty exorbitant, especially considering that you're paying the full amount for essentially being a beta tester for the game company. 60 euro is a lot, more like what I'd expect from a collector's edition, not the base price.

Apparently, if you like Divinity: Original Sin, this is a lot like that.

12. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Yeah I have the Divinity games; only got about halfway through the original before I got blocked by a fight I couldn't get through; the second one has a little bonus bit involving a blind cat that adopts you and is easily killed; but if you can get it through the first chapter alive it becomes useful later so I stymied myself by trying to figure out how to protect the cat.

I like games with npc companions but I don't like games where there are so few. Like I said you are supposed to get an extra companion from Early Access which sounds cool to me even if I am being a beta tester. But now it's looking like the new character is a warlock that essentially they split off from the wizard character they've been showing in the vids of the game. The warlock is shown with a succubus/female demon; this looks like the background they were saying went with the wizard. I'm guessing all the companions have something like this going on.

I'm not so worried about the price; it's steep but it's what a new game is going for pretty much. I'd normally rather wait for reviews though; but Larian has been solid so far. And the fact that they are putting it out now when they've been working on it for more than a year instead of having rushed it out last holiday season suggests that they will complete it; unlike the half-assed games that Hasbro has pushed out too soon like Sword Coast and Temple of Elemental Evil which both were abandoned before completion because of WOTC/Hasbro meddling.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.