1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG1 original FixPack.

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Yulaw9460, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    So, there's a FixPack for BG2 on G3, but which is the best option for BG1 out there at this time? Just a purely bugfix mod, that is. I've seen some options, but I'm sort of stumped as to which might be the best. I've gotten the game itself off of GOG, even though that ought not be of any consequence, as far as I can tell.

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Baldurdash was once considered the premier fixpack, but the G3 fixpack is the successor to it. The original baldurdash site is down and has been for a while.
    The G3 Fixpack contains all the fixes from Baldurdash and a few more.
    However, I believe they merged it with Tweaks pack to make the Tweaks Anthology.
    Anyways, you won't really be that bad off if you just install Baldurdash. I can't even recall what the advantages of the fixpack over Baldurdash is, other than a few more bugs fixed.

I have no knowledge of the difference between the GOG version and the 5-CD version that I have.

3. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31

Media:
    Huh. There's no BG1 Fixpack on the page, as far as I can tell.

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I believe they merged it with the Tweaks Pack, which became the Tweaks Anthology.

5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Here is where Baldurdash was hosted until last year:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190214110938/http://baldurdash.org/

As for the rest, I keep coming up with these old links, and I honestly do not recall what I have installed for BG1. I haven't modded it in years. Heck, I might still be using Baldurdash.
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/dudleyfix/fixpacks.htm
    These two are related:
    https://github.com/Sasha-alTherin/BGFixPack
    https://sasha-altherin.webs.com/

That said, I find the game frustrating without at least the item stacking mods from the tweakpack. In fact, the way I discovered this board was that the day after I installed Baldur's Gate (The built-in updater still worked back then), I was looking for a mod to let me increase the number of arrows or darts in a stack because I kept running out. I wound up installing the Tweakpack's predecessor, "Ease-of-use" by Weimer.
    https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentation/readmes/readme-cdtweaks.html
    I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the fixpack was incorporated into the tweaks. Other parts of Baldurdash were incorporated according to the readme.

6. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31

Media:
    I suppose the Baldurash fix from Sorcerers is decent enough in itself. I read somewhere that the fix at https://sasha-altherin.webs.com/ actually introduces a couple of bugs as well, but I dunno.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Baldurdash has been available on SP for 15+ years now: https://sorcerers.net/Games/BG/index_mods.php

I would assume that various fixpacks that came along later integrated everything from the older separate ones, but that might be too optimistic.

8. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I just checked, and I never installed anything after Baldurdash in terms of fixpacks.
    Then again, I haven't moved on from ease-of-use for BG1 either. I don't have a lot of mods for BG1.
    I did install early NPCs as well, which I think has been integrated into the Tweaks pack, as I find it vital if I want to use NPCs like Alora or Tiax.

Sorry for being too lazy to check last night, BG1 without Tutu is installed on my Windows 98SE/XP computer, which is 20 years old.

9. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Hm, I'm currently doing another run at Temple of Elemental Evil and thinking of trying to actually finish BG1 next; so maybe I need to pay attention to the mods. :)

10. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I consider Baldurdash and G3 Tweaks Anthology (or at least the predecessor ease-of-use) to be absolutely vital.
    Specifically the item stacking, especially for missiles (arrows, darts, and throwing daggers especially).
    Early NPCs is handy as well.

Unfinished Business is nice, but not vital. I didn't install it until at least five years after getting BG1.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.