1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You gotta love how everyone passes the buck! I often wonder what happens to those packages that get "lost in the mail". Maybe a postal worker that decided to quit that day :lol: :beer:

2. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yeah the post office has had a bad rep for a long time. I think it was a Johnny Carson joke where he said that the answer to the nuclear waste problem was to simply give it to the post office with no forwarding or return address; what they didn't lose they'd find a way to destroy; problem solved. ;)

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @Sorvo :

[​IMG]

That's one of the possibilities. The others are postmen hoarders who instead of delivering all the mail start hoarding a part of it somewhere instead, or throwing it away, etc.

4. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Yeah that's a mess. In my case I believe the guy from the Post Office. If they received it they'd have at least left a note that they'd tried to deliver it and nobody answered so please pick it up at the post office. I've been checking mail three times a day since I ordered it and we've been getting regular mail but not this.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's been a while since I posted in the RBP. Nice to see a lot of familiar faces.

6. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Camera arrived today finally. UPS finally got off their rumps.

Taluntain likes this.
  7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey @Taluntain, why did you go out and torch Melania's statue?

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Did I miss something? :shake:

Edit: Ah, I see. This has gone completely unmentioned in the media here, interestingly.

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, I didn't mean for that to go anywhere; I just thought it funny and figured Slovenians would know about it. The statue is pretty ugly IMO, even before it was torched :)

10. Taluntain

Media:
    The "statue" is (was) an embarrassment made by some so-called artist that nobody here took seriously when it was put up. Honestly, it's viewed as a bad joke here. Burning it up as firewood would be the most productive use of it because nobody really wanted to look at that eyesore.

11. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Yeah sorry for going mad. I'm just stir-crazy after a long-cold winter followed by MORE isolation thanks to Covid19. Plus I live in a neighboring city to Minneapolis where Floyd was killed and everybody went nuts. No problems happened in my neighborhood but all the local stores for a couple miles boarded up and closed during the riots.

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Moved the illegal immigration posts to a new thread in the AoLS

Taluntain likes this.
  13. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

As somebody who sometimes likes to pretend to be an artist I can say that I have difficulty recognizing the artistic value in that thing. But then I won't even pretend to claim I'm an art connoisseur. I just know what appeals to me as art.

14. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hello chaps, how are you all? I went for a nap a few years ago and only just woke up again

15. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wish I could sleep that well ;)

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Think I was last on here when my youngest was a baby and he's 8 now so it's all a lie.... I haven't slept since the little bugger was born!

Taluntain likes this.
  17. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Hey Silvery, good to see you dropping in. Hope all is well in your world.

It's amazing how time flies when you can measure it against your kids . . .

Silvery likes this.
  18. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That sounds familiar.

Silvery likes this.
  19. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hello Silvery, always nice to see the old school pop back for updates :) :beer:

Silvery likes this.
  20. Taluntain

Media:
    You picked a really bad time to wake up, I'd sleep through covid. :shake:

Silvery and Sorvo like this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.