1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fantasy Book Recommendations

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Vhailor, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

I mostly like to read fantasy book when I do read, like R.A. Salvator and Lord of the Rings type. I was thinking of picking up the legend of the seeker but I don't really know which books are out there. Could someone recommend a quality book that is worth reading?

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Search this forum, there are a large number of people who have asked this question and gotten very good tips. Start digging and you will find treasure. Stay away from Terry Goodkind though. Really.

3. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

4. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Deeds of Paksenarion

Iron druid chronicles.

Harry Dresden Files by Jim Butcher

Elemental assasin series by Jennifer Estep.

http://www.lovevampires.com/ for the more urban fantasy series if you want to read about vampire, werewolves and fea instead of elves, orc and dragons.

5. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

I ordered the new R.A. Salvator books and was wondering what books you guys would really recommend again? I was thinking maybe some Andrzej Sapkowski but could you guys tell me your favorites?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  6. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The three series I've read recently that I really liked were: Brimstone Angels: Erin M Evans: and Broken Blade: Kelly McCullough and The Warded Man: Peter V Brett. Brimstone Angels is a Forgotten Realms series about a pair of female Tiefling twin girls; one of them sort of accidentally ends up making a Warlock pact with a Cambion half-devil and everything goes to hell from there; almost literally. Broken Blade is about an assassin who used to serve the Goddess of Justice; taking down criminals who were too politically powerful to face justice for their crimes; then the other gods got angry because some of their favorite toys were being broken and killed Justice. Our hero has to figure out what his purpose is in a world without Justice. Warded Man is about a world with demons who come up out of the ground at night. The only protection is behind warded walls. Our hero loses his mother to a demon attack while his father watches terrified and our hero decides he's not going to put up with it anymore.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.