1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bodhi's quests

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Big Bri 78, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Big Bri 78 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I tried playing the game as an evil party and received the first quest. However the door to her area seems to be locked and barred from the inside and will not let me in. I can not access her area through the lower tombs so I am stuck. I can not get the 2nd and 3rd quests from her. I know i have to find aran linvail but that is quest 3.
    Any way to get beyond that door? or will she meet me somewhere?
    I could not access clua console so trying without.
    Any help would be great.

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I recall you can only meet her at night. Also double-check your journal for a meeting location. It has been a while since I sided with her (or since I played) and she might meet in the graveyard, but that might just be the first time.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Also, if your main character is a thief, I don't think you can actually side with her at all. It's been a while though, so I don't remember if multi-class thieves can join nor whether a mod changed that one way or the other.

4. Big Bri 78 Gems: 1/31

I am playing a mage. Ill check again but i thought i could walk in the entrance of the tombs like the walkthrough says. So weird. Ill try again at nightime to see. Need to see her again to get the new quest. I am supposed to walk down the passageway and meet her in the main room. Was hoping i could teleport a mage past the door with the crate and hope it worked. Just finished it as good party, trying this way then i just got TOB so ill play it for first time

Having time to sit at a computer every night means i play games i guess

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2020
  5. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

If I remember correctly (only played evil once) whilst you are playing evil you have to go in the back door. If you check all the tomb entrances in the graveyard, there's three entrances to the tombs - one of which comes in beyond the locked door that you bypass via golem in the good outcome.

6. Big Bri 78 Gems: 1/31

Yes im trying that locked tomb entrance but says its barred from inside. Ill try knock spell if she does not show up but if not im shit out of luck. Sucks

7. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

8. Big Bri 78 Gems: 1/31

Tried to download this file however it says the link does not work.
    I tried to get in the door in daytime and night and it remains locked. i can not deliver the shipment i had to get for her so i am stuck

9. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
  10. Big Bri 78 Gems: 1/31

Thank u. So just run it? The instructions are there? Sorry just stuck. Hopefully i can do more and then it will work bit ill look this up later. Im new to all this. Going to install TOB next week and then just got the icewind dales as a gift. Hope they r good

11. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    The Infinity Engine games all have associated "Keeper" programs, BG1 has "Gatekeeper", BG1+ToTSC has "Sword Coast Keeper", and the Icewind Dale games have "Dale Keeper" and "Dale Keeper II", although Planescape Torment seems to lack a "Keeper" program.
    Most of them are related in code base. I don't recall which ones come with docs and which do not. Sorry, I've been using them for over 16 years and the Windows 98SE/XP dual-boot computer they are installed on is turned off at the moment.
    Most is self-explanatory, but what you want is rather advanced. Look at the earlier post #7 i this thread.

I asked for advice on this when I first joined so many years ago. If you have ToB, I strongly suggest you install it, and check the version, if it isn't the last patch, download and install the last patch.
    Then install the G3 fixpack and the G3 tweaks.
    I have a few other suggested mods, but those are the "must haves".
    OH, I just went to Gibberings3 and saw they have updated, they have now combined all the Infinity Engine tweak packs into one "Tweaks Anthology"
    https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/fixes/bg2fixpack/
    https://www.gibberlings3.net/files/file/973-the-tweaks-anthology/
    I also suggest installing the "summon cap remover" and "enhanced goodberries" from DTweaks:
    http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=110&Itemid=83/

Oh, with the tweak packs, don't just blindly install everything, look at what it is offering and decide. I mentioned two from dTweaks, but the ones from the "ease-of-use" that Tweaks Anthology is descended from (it's probably the grandchild now) like improved arrow stacking I found to be "must haves", others you probably don't want to install or don't want to install right away.
    Just trust me, it will save you some aggravation to improve the ammo stacking and install the ammo belts. Bottomless bags of holding helps a lot too, but it also gives you lots more gold since once you get an actual bag of holding you can carry and sell all the junk you get from defeated enemies, so that one is borderline cheating.

12. Big Bri 78 Gems: 1/31

Thank u so much. It was awesome to stack potions, items and ammo. Huge bonus. I’m loading dale up now and will take your advice with the keeper too.

13. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    May I suggest perusing these threads:
    https://sorcerers.net/community/threads/what-mods-do-you-use.60176/#post-789344
    https://sorcerers.net/community/threads/bg-series-mods.77294/#post-827315
    Note that G3 Fixpack is a descendant of and successor to Baldurdash, while the G3 Tweaks Anthology is the grandchild and successor of the Ease-of-use mod. I can't recall anything in ease-of-use that isn't in the successor.
    Basically Gibberings3 took over both mods. I say grandchild because it used to be the "G3 tweaks pack" and was game-specific, but they apparently have put all the IE games mods into one package while I'm appparently still using version 8 of the G3 tweaks pack, although apparently at some point I downloaded version 14 but never got around to installing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.