1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I was just thinking that we should probably move the CORVID conversation to it's own thread, it will make looking back on it easier in the future. Considering that this is the worst outbreak since the 19th century, it's earned it's place in history along side the Black Death.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Slick, I am pretty sure the Spanish Flu was worse from a mortality rate and a percentage of world population that got it, and that was 1918-1920.

Anyway, if y'all want to start a dedicated thread, feel free.

Hi T2Bruno - I think the response depends on where the blood came from.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hi. ;)

Taluntain likes this.
  5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Hey chev, long time no see. How're things in Poland?

chevalier likes this.
  6. chevalier

Media:
    They eased up on the lockdowns a week ago, though the rules are still strict. Obligatory masks for everybody (the merit of which is, of course, highly debatable), generous use of just-in-case quarantines while not supplying enough protective equipment to medical staff (which results in shortages and huge overtime), an atmosphere of not so much fear as an excessive sense of danger, meaning that e.g. cardiac sufferers and other people with dangerous health problems are afraid to call for help. Much of the economy is closed. So yeah, we have fewer COVID infections, but this doesn't mean we aren't going to face some serious consequences, including COVID-related non-COVID deathtoll due to largely disabled health-care. Then there are the elections — officially expected to be on 10 May, but there's much talk about moving the date, and a bill introducing a whole new voting procedure — two weeks before actual elections! — is still being processed in Parliament, which means the whole situation is a morbid joke. And our health minister, the same who used to ridicule mask wearing as completely nonensical now wants to make them mandatory for until a vaccine is ready, even if that means two years. (Meaning that literally the entire population is ordered to act as though potentially infected.) So the mood is not good, though people are cheering up a lot now that parks are opened again. What about your parts?

7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I posted a bit about the covid situation in Belgium in this thread.

On the whole, it's not so bad. Had to go to work for the first time in four weeks today, because I had to be present for some testing work. It wasn't so bad, though I probably could do more work at home because I spend less time talking to colleagues there. Oh well.

8. chevalier

Media:
    Good old Belgium. I had some tripel today, and a quadrupel is waiting in the fridge. :)

9. henkie

Media:
    At least exports and imports are still happening. Most traffic is trucks nowadays, with everyone staying home or working from home.

I wonder if they're measuring the emission levels around some of those German cities nowadays, where they have implemented heavy restrictions on the car emission levels. Wonder if it's actually helping now that there's so much less cars driving around. It should, but it would definitely be interesting to see the difference in levels.

10. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Chevy! Good to see you're still alive and drinking :) :beer:

chevalier likes this.
  11. chevalier

Media:
  12. chevalier

Media:
    Am I getting old? I'm playing some NWN:EE modules, and I've noticed myself stuffing a whole Bag of Holding full of healing kits purchased from a merchant who gave me a hefty discount for curing his souvenir from a night out. This basically multiclasses my paladin into a field ambulance, but it also means tactics is less of a concern as long as nobody actually dies. Fewer reloads, less worrying about spell preparation, sleep, etc.

Edit: Wanna see one of Artemis Entreri's shortest fights?

https://sorcerers.net/community/media/neverwinter-nights-screenshot-2020-05-06-00-07-26-72.4839/

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm looking for users who are buying from Amazon.co.uk. Not necessarily Brits, just people who order there more or less frequently. I've already PMed a few of our UK users and those from nearby countries who might be their customers, but haven't received any positive responses so far, so I'm asking here as well. If you order from Amazon.co.uk, please let me know either via our contact form or private message. Thanks!

Edit: sorted out now, thanks everyone!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  14. Sorvo

Media:
    I'd try it but I'm sure the shipping would be more than my item :p :beer:

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yea, since you're in the US, it's unlikely that could buy anything cheaper factoring in the shipping from the UK rather than at the US Amazon. But for many Europeans in and around the UK, Amazon.co.uk is often cheaper than local online stores. So I expect that even many of our members outside the UK are also ordering there.

16. Sorvo

Media:
    I'm sure they are. The same goes for over here, it just usually comes down to that mysterious shipping cost! :beer:

17. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Wow, my account here still exists??? How is everyone?

18. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I don't think they ever delete anyone unless they are a troll.

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Hey Dalveen, long time no see!

And no, we don't delete accounts unless there's an actual reason for it.

20. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hm, it appears that at least in some areas of the USA UPS is claiming for their own records they are delivering product to the Post Office for delivery and not actually doing so. I ordered a computer camera over a month ago; tracking says it was picked up by UPS on June 1 in Bell California and reached my home state June 18 where it was supposedly delivered to my Post Office. Post Office says they haven't seen it. I contacted their customer service and talked to an agent who said that the UPS was falsifying a lot of delivery claims to the Post Office. I raised a stink both with New Egg that I purchased it from because they have a customer service and they were claiming that I'd had the product too long to return it; even though I'd never gotten it; and with the Post Office because they were supposed to have my product. I figured at the least that by bothering them both they'd figure out where my product was and get it delivered. I now have a notice from yesterday saying it's "out for delivery" so maybe it will arrive soon. I couldn't find a way to reach customer support at UPS or I'd have hassled them too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.