1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I raise that to 50 in 2 months... :geezer:

2. Verdadero_Foe Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Media:
    Hello everybody:

I'm new but I've been reading this forum from 2005 or so, very good topics and a lot of useful information of the infinity engine games that are some of my favourite games. Other favs of mine are: Heroes 3, Age of Wonders 2, Disciples 2, Neverwinter Nights, Oblivion, Persona 4, Vagrant Story, Doom (old Doom) and some others. I have moded some games too, like Heroes 3 and Disciples 2, for my personal use.

Over the years, I've been modding Infinity Games too, because they get easier the more I play, and I am not interested in the usual mods for these games. Icewind Dale 1 got the most time invested, and I'm planning on release to the community a difficulty increased mod (also includes ton of new loot, some new spells, scripts, etc. -with balance in consideration-) and I want it to be available on this excellent site if the admin allows it :)

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  4. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    JESUS CHRIST! HoF wasn't hard enough? :beer:

Verdadero_Foe likes this.
  5. Verdadero_Foe Gems: 1/31

Media:
    It was, but I always wanted something more manually crafted. At first it was only for vanilla Icewind Dale (no expansions) but the scripts and effects options were too limited. Also, Baldur's Gate saga have several mods for the "veterans", but Icewind Dale only has Auril's Bane and the revisions from Gibberlings.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Veteran is the right word around here!

7. Verdadero_Foe Gems: 1/31

Media:
    Yeah, but with the enhanced edition there are new players among us, the veterans. I only recently saw that the enhanced editions were available for consoles, but the Icewind Dale I + Planescape Torment pack was too costly for my liking. I will check again in a couple of years.

I was doing a lot of testing for the mod, sadly, some things are not possible but I can still work without them somehow. Sir admin, can I create a topic with the "Work in Progress" in the IWD forum? I'm not from any group, so I wanted to show the things that the mod will include and some screenshots. And about the screenshots, tiny pic died :aaa:, is imgur a good site for upload images?

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sure, feel free to start a new thread. You can also upload images to our gallery here.

9. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    In these dire times, you're getting me a little excited to go through another run of IWD. :beer:

10. Verdadero_Foe Gems: 1/31

Media:
    I hope so ;). I have revised a lot of videos and forums about the things added in the EE, and except for the kits and some small quests and items, there is nothing like the thing I'm making. Also, there are lots of mods available (a big percent "nearly the same" from the BG2 EE) but I think they are too small to add a sense of change in gameplay elements. There is as well a guy named "Sarevok" that did a difficulty enhanced mod for the EE but it "only" took him like 3 weeks to do all.

When the thing is finished and after I relesase it in the old override way I will try to convert it to a weidu format (:D). I'm currently checking item coloration (blue armors and bam icon's recoloring) and items on containers (more randomized jewelry, gems and scrolls). I need to kill Terikan and his undeads but they are too strong now (died a few times, not a character or two, the whole party :(:eek:) to continue to one of the best looking areas in my opinion, the exterior zone of the aquarium.

11. Sorvo

Media:
    Sounds like you're going full on into this! Good luck with your results and feel free to create a new thread in IWD like Tal suggested ;)

12. darkmagic420 Gems: 1/31

★ SPS Account Holder

Hello all. New here. Found the site searching for Neverwinter Nights help. I'm from Texas. I love the boards.

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I mean, I love them a bit more well-endowed, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. :shake:

14. Sorvo

Media:
    Welcome Tex :beer: Nice to see another American on here, we are few and far between :(

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    We are?

16. Sorvo

Media:
    Compared to the rest of the community, yes :beer:

17. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Hey, just thought I'd stop and see how you guys are doing. How is everyone? Staying safe?

Taluntain likes this.
  18. Sorvo

Media:
    As safe as possible. Good thing I really didn't do much before this mess started, so it's not affecting me too badly :beer:

19. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    And beer is an essential item.

20. Sorvo

Media:
    Damn Straight! I think it's causing an immunity for me ;) :beer:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.