1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, the governor of Illinois just ordered everyone to stay home from work for the next couple weeks.
    It was a little late, I was furloughed from my job on Wednesday.
    They had me help show people how to set up the VPN from home, and then helped the ones with desktops instead of laptops to disconnect their computers and load them into their cars to telecommute. Then they shut down the building and furloughed me since I was just a temp-to-hire. Four weeks unpaid leave.
    Well, time to do a bit of retro gaming.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hang in there @SlickRCBD Hope the gaming helps.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, they closed the border here, too. Well, not really, only touristic movements, as they call it, so I should still be able to get to work (I live across the border). On the other hand, I don't really need to, as I can work from home as well.

Unfortunately, all this quarantine stuff also made the work on our house (that's being build) stall, which kind of sucks. Let's hope they won't extend the quarantine like in Italy, where it's already extended till end of april, I believe.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Things are getting a bit crazy here, but nothing's really changed for me. Still going to work normally. I was the only one there on Friday. :shake:

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Man, there are some serious old timers in here. You guys must all be getting really old.

6. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    49 last month. Didn't think I'd make it this long! :beer:

7. Harbourboy

I can't believe I've still had the 4th most posts of any member. I haven't posted here for years.

8. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Not many people do anymore, they are stuck to thier phones!

9. Harbourboy

How is everyone surviving on lockdown?

10. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Working from home is fine, shops on special rules is kind of bothersome. Kids at home all day for weeks on end requires some patience. Other than that, it's nice and quiet on the road, and fuel prices are really low. Food prices are up, though.

11. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Doing my part by staying in. Planning a video game binge with the new God of War, Need for Speed and DMC games. My Grandma is worried, she won't let me visit because she things she'll get something.

12. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wait, what? What's a DMC game? I MUST KNOW!!!!

13. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Its Devil May Cry, I like the game play but it doesn't have the best story. What does dmc mean to you?

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My initials . . .

Been my computer based handle since the early '80's.

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Back when they still used Morse code to transfer data, right? :p

16. dmc

Media:
    110 baud teletype terminal connected by phone to a PDP20 (i.e., DECSYSTEM-20) mainframe four towns away, using perforated paper. Those were the days.

Taluntain likes this.
  17. Harbourboy

This RBP thread started in 2015!

18. dmc

Media:
    Yup, many of our most prolific babblers have stopped babbling here.

19. henkie

Media:
    It has been pretty quiet of late.

20. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Quite well. 40% of my office building works from home now - not me of course, I still have to drive to the next city to sit in my office. Everyone is "singled out", only 1 person in each office room. Borders to France and Austria are closed for unnecessary travel, gatherings of more than 5 people are forbidden in public, most stores that do not sell food have closed (e.g. the bookstore I like to visit), schools and Kindergartens are closed, even playgrounds are off-limits. German efficiency showed when I was walking alone in the forest last Saturday to get some fresh air, only to see that yellow/white tape closing off the path to the forestplayground ( in the middle of the forest with noone being around.... ). That will prevent Corona from spreading if nothing else... :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.