1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

IWD2 final battle

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by mewp, Aug 15, 2019.

1. j7n Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Maybe buff is a wrong word to use for their protections. Dispel Magic takes quite a few tries to succeed, they are usually unaffected. Finally it took off the orange aura (Divine Shell) of Madae. She had 15 resistance to arrows, 10 to slashing and 0 to bludgeoning. But she quickly re-cast her protections, and I could not kill her.

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just checked, and it seems I don't have any saved games. I hadn't realized it had been THAT long since I played. I think my hard drive crash was in 2013. I was going to reload an old saved game and try again as I frankly don't recall what strategy I used to beat the game.

Sorry, but it will be a long time before I can offer more advice, as I have to start from the very beginning.

3. Jamesworkshop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Protection from Magic scroll (if you kept them removes buffs and prevents spell casting for ten rounds) this lets the monks that help you do more damage while you take out their backup first, your magic won't harm them under that scroll but direct physical attacks do.

i'd probably block Isair as his Sorcerer magic is a bit more dangerous in attack than Madae's cleric spells.

If I understand the area scripts, Isair and Madae run after one of them loses 50% HP and they both head for the pool, 2nd fight ends in a cut-scene at 25% HP, in other words their is no point targeting both, just focus on the weakest one to your party.

Resistances aren't random but each type of resistance is only shown once in the combat log, for example take Greater Boneguard (10 slashing resistance) they will ignore 20 slashing damage if they have Stoneskin applied but if the weapon is +5 they will drop back down to 10 again.

Take a weapon like the bow, now foes can have both missile resistance and piercing resistance, arrows count as both and are reduced twice but a non-throwing piercing dagger is not effected by the missile resistance portion. A level 14 barbarian with 2 to all resistances takes 4 damage less from an arrow and 2 less from a dagger.

Isair/Madae both have missile and piercing resistance, Isair is weakest to slashing and Madae bludgeoning.
    - both take extra damage from cold/electricity

Annoyingly you have to do damage to health for the log to show you the resistance otherwise it will only show as immune to damage when you simply didn't reach the threshold to hurt them.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.