1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We made it special so it looks the same just for you, but no one else. :shake:

2. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    If special means taking surveys, I'm done with that shit! :beer:

3. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I may not come here often anymore, but it felt appropriate tonight because I just got back from the wedding of a friend I met on here almost 17 years ago. Just typing that out made me feel old as hell! I hope everyone here is doing well.

Taluntain likes this.
  4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  5. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Good luck with that :beer:

6. Taluntain

Media:
    So, I got a new (android) smartphone... actually, I bought it like 6 months ago but haven't bothered to take a day to make the transition from the old phone to the new until now. :rolleyes: I'm only somewhat disappointed that besides the apps & settings, no other data has transferred automatically via Google Drive's automated backup. It seems that everything should transfer with modern phones, but my old one was so ancient that contacts, text messages and images & files did not. I have images/files stored locally so that's not an issue. Contacts also transferred easily via bluetooth. Oddly though, transferring text messages the same way as contacts via bluetooth is not possible. So far the quickest solution seems to be to download a dedicated SMS backup app on both phones and transfer via that, so that's what I'll be doing.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, in my case, my phone can only store like 50 messages at a time, so I have to delete them as I go. No worries once I switch to a smartphone. :shake:

8. Taluntain

Media:
    Yea, wouldn't want to rush it, those newfangled smarty phones have only been around for 15 years or so now, I'm sure that they're just a fad. :p

ION, I managed to complete the transfer of call logs and text messages using that SMS backup app. Not without issues, however. Its wi-fi transfer feature did not manage to pair the phones no matter what, so I gave up after half an hour of trying. Luckily, it also had a manual backup feature, so I made separate backups of call logs and text messages and then used the app's manual transfer via bluetooth to push the files to the new phone. The same app installed on the new phone then imported the call logs and text messages. Here's hoping that the next time I make a smartphone switch, it'll be less complicated and time-consuming to transfer everything.

9. Sorvo

Media:
    Newfangled! I haven't heard that in 30 years! I found out an old friend has stomach cancer and has 2 weeks to live. Trying to get the balls to go see him. Haven't seen him in 20 :(

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just do it, man. It's gonna suck, but you're gonna feel worse if you don't go see him.

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Exactly - do it. You may regret it, you may not, it may be uncomfortable, but it might be exactly what your friend needs (talking about older, better times) and I think you will regret not going if you don't.

12. Taluntain

Media:
    Also, if you put it off, it could be too late and you'd beat yourself up for not going sooner.

13. Sorvo

Media:
    yeah, you're all right. I guess I just gotta man up but I think I'm gonna cry in front of him :(

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That's perfectly fine. One of my friends died 11 years ago from an absolutely horrible cancer. Cried like a baby with him. I had known him since we were in second grade (age 7). He was 42 and had a 5 year old daughter. Absolutely horrible.

15. Sorvo

Media:
    I think I was fucked with! spent an hour the other day on the phone trying to find out exactly where he is. He isn't, nowhere in the area has him as a resident. I hope this isn't ex revenge because she knows I'm doing ok :(

16. Taluntain

Media:
    That seems really unlikely...

17. Sorvo

Media:
    yeah but you didn't have to deal with her :p

18. enclave911 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Taluntain likes this.
  19. Taluntain

Media:
  20. Taluntain

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.