1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Darkest Day is go!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Deano99, Oct 17, 2001.

1. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yep, you heard me! The Darkest day is available for download NOW!

weighing in at *measly* 266mb, heehe you'd better have your download manager ready!
    http://www.teambg.net/tdd

Visit the Downloads Section! :D

have fun!

2. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

umm, it's also right here! and with my lightning fast dial up connection it will take me... 24 hours to download..*sigh* is it worth it?

3. slienad laup Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Excuse my ignorance but what is "The Darkest Day" ?

Sleinad Luap

4. jesper898 Guest

the darkest day is a mod for bg2 SOA with 9 new npcs(some of them are from bg1)new areas and quests,from the screenshots it looks like you can go to icewind dale and beregost(and hopefully the rest of the sword coast)

i dont think its compatible with TOB though:(

5. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Well done Deano99. This should be a landmark for us BG2 abusers :)

6. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

hey,
    I know this wont ever happen, but I think tal should open up a new forum for BG2 with TDD installed, as it will be as different from SOA as TOB is.
    --FenixStrife

7. Icing Death Gems: 1/31

if install it, will it corrupt any games i have saved already? or do i have to start a new one?

Icing Death

P.S. with TDD will you have to do the BG1 quests? or are there new ones?

is Elminister back?

8. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Does this mean i will have to uninstall TOB?

Not that it matters, cause i am going through SOA again...

9. sorvo Guest

are they still planing on putting the disc out?

10. Mirkwood Guest

Why isn't it compatible with ToB? and why is it so huge!?! only those rich bastards with cable are going to be able to download it.

11. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You don't have to download it. You can shell out the whopping nine bucks for a cd, if you can't be bothered with the download time..

And if it's not ToB compatible, it soon will be.

12. Shaidar Haran Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] The darkest day is finally here!!!! If only it wouldn't take me forever to download it...
    :(

13. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

If it makes any of you feel any better, even using the university connection, because I am too cheap to pay for the GameSpy private server, it will still take me 2 hours plus to download TDD... BUt, as the Lerrahud solo shows, I have perseverance if not brains....downloading... downlaoding... downloading... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

14. Laksol Gems: 9/31

[​IMG] Why TDD can't be cut to seperate zip files?

15. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Not only cable.
    People with T3 or ADSL can download it too.
    Not me, I can only download it with 175KB/s
    (that's my current download speed)
    This means I still have to be downloading the next 25 mins

16. Deano99 Gems: 9/31

it can't be put in seperate ZIP files because of the way the whole MOD is packaged. It is packed into one Nullsoft installer, so they can't do anything about it.

It will be appearing on a CD to buy, and the ToB patch will be coming very shortly. :D

it is even going to be on the front of several PC Magazines, but it is first released on PCZoneUK on the Christams issue (released on Nov 19th i believe).

so there are plenty of ways to get it. I know plenty of people who are on a 56k and getting it... they are completely loony, but that isn't the point... :D

17. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Aren't all RPG fanatics?

18. cirrostratus Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I used my 8kb\sec line to download The Darkest day. It took me 14 hours... Am I looney? =D

19. Sentry Guest

I downloaded about 4GB per month with 8kB/s line.
    Now I need a new HDD :)

I will download TDD but I won't try it yet, because I have to finish BG1 first.

If anyone tries it please post your oppinions.. I'm really interested how it's like.

20. Deano99 Gems: 9/31

i have just downloaded it...

i haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, but it seems that there is gonna be a huge replay value just from the Kits.

hehe... 75 might have been slight overkill... :D

i'll give you my first reactions guys as soon as possible! ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.