1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sarevok dead... on to BG2:EE!!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by lilith21, Jun 11, 2019.

1. lilith21 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Could someone help me on how to get my BG 1 character to BG 2?

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I don't know if this changed for the EEs, but normally, you'd go to the character screen, and select Export. This would save the character as a .CHR file in the game folder: e.g. something like C:\..\BGEE\characters. Then you copy the .CHR and .BIO files to the same characters folder in the BG2 EE installation directory, and you can then start a new game, import character, select your character.

If you've used a custom portrait or soundpack, you'll also need to copy those from the portraits and sounds folders, respectively, from the BG installation folder to the BG2 installation folder.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2019
  3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    No no no no, the game exports your final save and character automatically. When you start BG2, just click on import save and select the one marked as final.

4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Alright, that's much easier.

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You might still need to copy the relevant save folder to BG2's save folder, unless they fixed it so the game can read from BG1's folder over the years.

6. lilith21 Gems: 5/31

It was really easy for me. The saved game from BG 1 EE carried over to BG 2 EE. My character started with a base 16 intelligence ( Female Rogue/wizard ). I got the tome for the intelligence point so it did carry over...her int is still 17. How am I going to cast 8th and 9th level spells with her though? I don't really remember any tomes that increase ability scores in BG 2. I might have to rteroll her and start a new game but I think I'll get my equipment forfeited. She didn't start with any equipment unless it's in the treasure cache in Irenicus' dungeon. I don't know if I did the right thing. I exported from bg 1 ee then turned on bg 2 and imported her from a save before the final battle. She didn't start with any equipment and I remember someone saying you can pick a few pieces of equipment and I remember you can pick 2 or 3 articles of stuff...I'm not exactly sure. Could someone clarify all this for me?

7. henkie

Media:
    Unless it was changed in BG2EE, you would normally only keep the golden pantaloons (that you could get in the Friendly Arm Inn). These could be used in ToB to create some armour, together with the silver pantaloons and the... something pantalettes. All the rest of the equipment you always lose. I'm not sure if it'd recognise it if it was in a bag of holding, used to be that you'd just lose the bag of holding (or scroll case, or gem bags, etc), and all its contents on import.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, though, you'll find much better gear very quickly in BG2.

For increasing stats, there is the machine of Lum the Mad in the Watcher's Keep, which will allow you to increase all stats with one bip. There is also the Deck of Many Things, also from the Watcher's Keep, that can (if you get the right draws from the deck) boost one stat by one point. Normally it's the main stat of your class, which might be INT for a T/M, but it might also be DEX, not sure.

Then there is the trials at the end-game of SoA that can give stat boosts, though I don't think any of those will give any boost to INT.

So that will be 1, maybe 2 points of INT to get. There is some gear that will boost your INT, though, which might also count for the casting limit, though I'm not sure about that.

Easiest way is just to increase your INT to 18 or 19 in EEkeeper. Or to re-roll, I guess.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    That's not entirely true, you don't get to keep any of the equipment on your person since you're a prisoner and stripped of your belongings, but there are several pieces of equipment that do carry over and can be retrieved as you journey through the game.

Refer to this page for more information: https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Importing

9. lilith21 Gems: 5/31

I exported my Mage/thief with the horn of kazgaroth, the Robe of the Good Archmagi, the +2 archery bracers, the ring of wizardry, and the +2 ring of prot. I didn't want to overdo or cheat but I thought something would come up and let me pick 2 or 3 items out of those. That was the best stuff she had and a few wands...I gave Dynaheir the ring of wizardry since we got it from that wizard in the southwest corner of BG. But I just figured I'd never know what would happen so I loaded her up. I don't remember the Robe of the good Archmagi being in BG 2 EE. with the ring of prot +2 and the robe and her dex bonus (17) her AC was 0. That way I could cast fireshield or improved invis and go for backstabs, but I try to keep her out of melee because mage/rogues are terrible at fighting frontal attacks (I'd be really careful with backstabbing too) low hit points (Constitution 13). she'll be lucky if she gets 50 hit points when she reaches level 10. Are any of those items I mentioned in BG 2 ee? mainly meaning the robe, the horn, and the bracers.

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You're not level 10 yet?

Anyway, all of those items exist in BG2 and a bunch of better ones as well. The only difference is that the ring of wizardry doesn't function the same way in BG2 as it does in BG1. Also, if you're a mage, your AC and HP should be largely irrelevant with the slew of defensive spells at your disposal.

11. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

It is a multiclass thief/mage so it will only be about level 8 thief and level 8 mage at this point or close to that at the start of BG2.

12. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I wouldn't really consider a level 8/8 character under level 10, but ok.

13. lilith21 Gems: 5/31

I got the horn of kazgaroth. With 30 Charges!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  14. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    [​IMG]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.