1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    How do you crack a tooth on an average piece of toast? :hmm:

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Sounds like the toast had little to do with it and the tooth was basically cracked already. (Either that, or you make toast out of exceedingly dense bread.)

3. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, I had some root canal work done on it 10 years or so ago...

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I had root canal treatmeant on a teeth around 6 years ago. One of my colleagues foretold me that the teeth will be dead and gone within the year - and it is still there today :banana:

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    In other random news, I've had a young stag run into my garden a couple of hours ago. Well, into, then out on the other side of the street, then back through and out on the other end again. Since I'm in the middle of a city, that is not exactly a common occurrence. :heh:

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mmmm, venison. :bigeyes:

7. Taluntain

Media:
    The thought of eating it has not occurred to me. :shake:

8. ConjurerDragon

Media:
    Hirschgulasch mit Preißelbeeren und Spätzle...
    :deadhorse:

Taluntain likes this.
  9. Taluntain

Media:
    So over at G3 they've messed with their forums and changed the url of the IE modding news feed in the process... consequently we've gone a few months without IE modding news because nobody noticed the change and/or let me know to fix it. But yesterday I've noticed the curiously long absence of any new news posts myself and fixed the feed. It's now catching up and should be back on track by tomorrow.

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I guess no one else reads them. :shake:

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Judging by the number of views of those threads, that would be incorrect.

12. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    How many of those are bots? :D

13. Taluntain

Media:
    I couldn't say, I'm not sure if bot views are displayed there publicly, actually.

14. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    On an unrelated note, I'm finding it rather hard to construct a proper timeline for the history of Nether Scrolls. Every time I think I've got it down, I find another piece of information that contradicts my story and I have to rewrite the damn thing. I'm not even sure the official sources are at all consistent with each other across different editions. :skeptic:

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I am getting a new wave of foreign spam calls. Just this morning, calls from Lithuania and Serbia. Yesterday was three from Slovenia. The weekend brought the Congo. Other recent ones were Burundi, Belarus, Minsk (not sure why that one identifies by city while the rest identify by country), Uganda, and, of course, my normal batch of calls from states in the US where I literally do not know a single person.

I would have answered the one from Minsk if it had been spelled Minsc. :p

16. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You say that like Minsc can spell his own name. :rolleyes:

17. ConjurerDragon

Media:
    henkie likes this.
  18. Taluntain

Media:
    Slovenia? Now that's bizarre. I've actually turned off the land line in the house because we were constantly getting phone spam calls despite being in the "don't call" directory, which all the telemarketers here merrily ignore. We've been using only mobile phones for the last couple of years. Everyone's got so many minutes into all the networks there that we never use them up anyway.

19. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Bi-annual check-in.

Don't have much to say. Even randomly. But going down that top member list and seeing all the avatars made me realize just how distinctly y'all stick out in my internet life. Memories tied of all of them.

e: gem people still rule.

Taluntain likes this.
  20. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Top members or top chatters? I'm clearly not on that list :p :beer:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.