1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Creating your own?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Eyebreaker7, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I just got NwN2 complete from gog but I don't see an option to make/edit your own modules? Did they remove this option? I haven't played in years but I'd like to make a mini-mod and maybe a full small module if it works out. More like if I can figure it out. lol.

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Looks like somebody goofed when they set it up. The toolset appears to be intact, but they neglected to include a link to it in the Start Menu.
    Open the \GOG Games\NWN2 Complete directory and find "NWN2ToolsetLauncher.exe" and create a shortcut in your start menu. That should give you access to the toolset.

I didn't even notice as I was mostly interested in playing Storm of Zehir and Mysteries of Westgate, not creating something new.

Actually, it is probably supposed to create a link to "NWN2Launcher.exe", but they failed to include a link to that. Instead they made a link to the game itself.
    I'm basing that because I bought the original game over a decade ago, and got Mask of the Betrayer around a year later, but lost my job and never got the other modules until I saw NWN2 Complete for <$5 on GOG.
    The original game installs shortcuts to NWN2Launcher.exe which prompts you to play the game or use the toolset, but I myself made a link similar to what GOG2 did to skip the extra step.

3. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Thanks SlickRCBD. Much appreciated!

--

Ok so I got the editor working to add things into a map area. Some loot of course, but is there a way to edit or even better, create your own items? I'd like to make a couple items from BG2.
    NwN 1 had a very user friendly editor. Let you change what the item looked like and everything. Is there a way to get the NwN2 toolset to do something like that?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2019
  4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Have you read the file "nwn2toolsethelp.html" in the documentation folder of the game directory?
    by default:
    Code:
    C:\GoG Games\NWN2 Complete\Documentation

There is a section called "Creating Items", although I haven't really played with the toolset much. I can't do much more than tell you to RTFM, but if you haven't spotted the manual in question due to them not putting a link in the Start menu the way the previous installs did to the Games menu (which seems to have been removed in Windows 10), I can't really fault you.

Thanks to this thread, I'm noticing a lot of flaws in the GoG installation that I did not notice before because I've had NWN2+MotB installed for the last ten years on my Windows Vista/7 dual-boot computer and haven't looked for anything beyond the SoZ & MoW docs. I did not even notice the links were missing.
    They really SHOULD have installed a link to NWN2Launcher.exe instead of NWN2.exe on the desktop, and they should have put a link to the documentation folder on the desktop. Also put the link they did put on the desktop in the Start menu and a link to the toolset and config menu separately so you didn't have to use the launcher every time.
    Minor issues with shortcuts, but still things that I would not have realized at first if I had been new to the game and did not have my Windows 7 computer's install to compare it to (keep meaning to replace it with Complete, but I keep procrastinating, plus I'm having fun playing other games I just got and I need to back up a few tweaks I made such as increasing the stacks for missile weapons ala Ease-of-Use in the Infinity Engine games).

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's absolutely possible to make new items and change their appearance (along with just about anything else in the game). I wouldn't exactly call it "user friendly" though.

It took a fair amount of effort to make the few mods I bothered with and it was honestly a pain in the ass every step of the way. Scripts were by far the easiest bit, which is kinda sad.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.