1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Television version

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by The Great Snook, Jun 15, 2018.

1. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have recently been on a binge of Marvel Television shows.

Legion- On FX. This entire series is a bit of a mind fuck. I'm not quite sure that it is really in the MCU as they don't really identify where things are happening. The only mention is that David is a mutant and there is some sort of war going on with what I'm guessing is Mutants and non-mutants. Maybe this is supposed to take place around the movie "Logan". This is one weird show and not for the kiddies. I totally enjoyed it.

Runaways- I'm just about to finish season 1. There is some similarity to the comic book, but there are a lot of differences. This one is more up my son's alley as he likes it a tad more than I do. This is on Hulu

Cloak and Dagger- A brand new one. I loved the comics back in the day. They have changed the story a bit, but I'm OK with it. This is on a network called Freeform that I had never heard of before this. It may also be on Hulu. The third episode aired last night and I'm hooked.

Jessica Jones- I already saw season 1, once I am done with Runaways, I will be watching season 2. This one is a Netflix show. I have always liked Krysten Ritter so this is in my wheelhouse.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    JJ got me hooked on the entire Netflix Marvel line up. Luke Cage was awesome and LC2 just came out - I can’t wait to see it. JJ2 was not as well written as the first series but I liked it.

The Punisher was in Dare Devil 2 and he was awesome — Netflix gave him a season as well and worth watching.

The entire Defenders sequence is worth the time although Iron Fist is the low spot — but should still be seen before Defenders.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I enjoy watching all Marvel TV shows, often more so than the DC shows, although DC show are definitely better at keeping up with Marvel than all the new DC movies.

Daredevil and The Punisher are my favorite of that particular lineup, although Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and The Defenders were entertaining enough to keep me binging.

I keep coming back to Agents of Shield and it's a direct tie-in to the MCU movies, along with Agent Carter, which was also pretty good, but Hayley Atwell and Bridget Regan are two of my favorite actresses, so I'm entirely biased with regards to that one. Inhumans were trash and got justifiably cancelled right after the pilot.

I've enjoyed watching Runaways, but I kinda quit mid-season, so I'll need to finish that at some point.

I'm still on the fence about Cloak & Dagger. It's been interesting so far, but I've never read the comics and I don't see where it's all going.

Legion is awesome if viewed without any context, but it is very loosely based on the comics. In fact, aside from David's name, the Shadow King, and the hint that Xavier is his father, there's really no connection whatsoever to the Marvel universe. David doesn't suffer from the same illness, doesn't have the same powers, all the mutants are original creations, the story is entirely insulated from the source material, etc. It's a shame because I absolutely love Marvel's version of Legion and was hoping to see it on screen.

4. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just finished Jessica Jones season 2. I really liked it. I'm not sure I agree with T2 that writing wasn't as good. My problem was they screwed up by making it 13 episodes. The last couple seemed to be stretching the story where it didn't need to go. I probably would have stopped at 10.

Last night we watched the first episode of Luke Cage season 2. They didn't do much, but set things up for later in the series (I hope). I had the same problem with Luke Cage season 1 in that it seemed like they did two seasons of the show in one season for the sole reason of getting to 13 episodes. One last comment. I really hate the character "Shades".

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Shades is cool ... can’t wait to see more of Bushmaster. The villains do it for me ... if the bad guy is awesome the season rocks. Fisk ... Punisher ... Dr Who ... the villian rules — superpowered mommy?!? Seriously?

6. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    While agree a good villain makes a show, Shades is a skinny white guy who is trying to act like he has "soul" in an entirely black show. I didn't like him in season 1, and I like him even less so far in season 2. Now Bushmaster on the other hand looks good (with the exception that I can't understand most of what he is saying).

I actually enjoyed the superpowered mommy. She was basically a female rage monster. I thought the actress did a very good job of showing a person walking the line between normal and out of control.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't really find most villains in these shows particularly compelling, at least not the main ones.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.