1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Heros

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Silvery, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    f:lol: Silvery, we don't speak the same language, you speak English English and I speak American English. Then there is Southern American English, New England English, and on and on. Oh, and Spanglish.

Anyone want a poke?

PS: Deathmage/Paul, I want a copy of your concerts. Please, pretty please

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's what I mean Nakia. It's all English but it's all totally different!

3. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

I'll never understand rhyming cockney slang. At least South African English isnt too different from either UK english or American English. We use English spelling, and a combination of English, American, Afrikaans and Zulu expressions (a lot of loanwords).

For instance, in South Africa, the word "Howzit" is a greeting similar to hello. It is not intended to mean, "How is it?". So, upon starting my first job in the UK, I was puzzled when I said, "Howzit" to a co worker, and they replied, "Fine thanks".

Anyway.... back on topic.

Silvery, did you actually find out someone you know on SP is famous? Or is that a hypothetical question? Cos now I'm wondering who it might be! Who is a closet D&D fan?

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's hypothetical hun. I was just wondering.

However, I now know that you all have very suspicious minds! lol

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Silvery: Well definitely something hairy. It's the beard. And the strikingly beautiful bambi eyes...Oh what the heck I'm really more like an unorthodox monk, like Rasputin for instance :geezer:

As to the question 'what I'd do if I'd stumble across a celeb' here at SP' I'd do nothing much. It's the moment tof recognizing someone that gives me a thrill, but it has little to do with what the person does for a living or how famous that person is.

I don't like bsaking in anyone's glory and I've met and enough famous people that I know they're just regular people with a set of problems of their own for everyone recognizing them. They build walls around themselves for protection and it's difficult to scale those walls and in most cases there's not enough reason to try.

So if a person in here'd be known for something else than a member among members, it'd make little difference. Most likely I still wouldn't know the reason for that person to be famous and I'd mainly judge the character for who he or she is around here and what (s)he's said than what (s)he is outside the context of BoM.

6. Silvery

Media:
    Very well said!

7. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I would treat them the same way I am treated on here. With respect and often amusement. I wouldn't want to let a public life intrude on the interesting times we have here. In my real life I am hated by most of the known world just because I am a part of the US Military. It doesn't bother me because I know that I can always come to SP to find friends and others of a like mind.

8. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Vin Diesel. I think we have a case on our hands!

I was actually wondering if Silvery made this thread to test the waters before revealing herself as a celebrity or something. :D

9. Silvery

Media:
    You're right DM, It's all just been a huge safety net. I'm AMAZINGLY beautiful, very tall and has a fabulous figure..........just ask Takara lol!

10. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I thought this thread was about the tv show "Heroes".

My bad :)

11. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

This is a good memory to look back on. I will assume it was Snoop Dogg... a lot of people played that game and still do, too bad runescape isn't too popular.

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ha, I forgot I even wrote that. This must be pretty old - back when I was Dragonfly.

13. Generic Imp

Generic Imp Kinda majestic, huh?

I'm highly certain that there have been at least 5 well known people or celebrities on here. If they still lurk on these boards and haven't revealed themselves is a mystery. I imagine they (mostly) are all gone. But you never know.

This thread is kinda ironic as anyone of us could be someone famous... right under everyonés nose

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.