1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Guardian of Crossroads - dragon summoning won't start

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Dsky1980, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Dsky1980 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have the latest patch, I've cleared the temple, but when i place all the stele's the dragon summoning animation won't start. I've read all the FAQ's and watched youtube videos and everyone else just, you know, buffs and puts the stele's in place. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

--

Anyone there?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2018
  2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Refresh my memory: That's the black dragon in the jungle?

3. Dsky1980 Gems: 1/31

Yep that's the one.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Alright, let's try to debug this. If you're absolutely sure that you have all the required items, then do the following:
    1. Enable the console.
    2. Type ctrlaltdelete:enablecheatkeys()
    3. Press ctrl+x
    4. Show me the result.

5. Dsky1980 Gems: 1/31

I currently have 4 regular stele and 1 broken religious stele in my inventory. Whenever I add to the receptacles they aren't removed out of my inventory (not sure if it's supposed to)

--

Sure thing - one moment.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Ok, it's been ages since I've done this, but I have a vague recollection of you needing to add the items in the correct order, not just dump them into the container.

7. Dsky1980 Gems: 1/31

It says Mouse Position:-1,-1 Tile Position 0:0 Search Square 0:0 Area AR6050. I don't have alot of proficiency with the console, but I did enable it, add the string and press control x

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  9. Dsky1980 Gems: 1/31

I'm not sure, I watched 10 videos of people summoning the dragon and it didn't appear to have any specific order to how they placed them (although it does feel like that's what is happening)

I wonder if it could be broken because I never spoke to Ojaiha.

Ah well, it's not the end of the world. I appreciate your help and time guys!

Kenneth, I've got 4 regular Stele and 1 "religious broken" stele. There's only four slots that need stele inserted and they don't get subtracted from my inventory for whatever reason.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I haven't even started debugging yet. And please don't make multiple posts in a row.

11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    According to the scripts, you need 5 intact stele. Also, as you interact with the pillars, it should remove your stele from the inventory.

If for some bizarre reason this doesn't work for you, you can hack it with this command: ctrlaltdelete:SetGlobal("Chult_Pedestals","GLOBAL",5)

Please try to avoid doing so, however. Just make sure that the stele are in your inventory (not a bag) and interact with the 5 pillars.

12. Dsky1980 Gems: 1/31

I've got 4 regular Stele and 1 "religious broken" stele and they don't get subtracted from my inventory (not in a bag of holding) for whatever reason. It appears broken. I'll try the hack command. Thanks again.

13. Dsky1980 Gems: 1/31

Not sure if I need a new thread for this, I couldn't find anything related to it in the forum but I have returned Mandal Graye's sword to his new skeleton body, but all he says when I initiate dialogue is "Sword...sword!" But.. I have his sword. Do I need to kill the golem that was in the death room?

14. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    If you had the sword on you and he took it from you, he should have transformed and started a cutscene.

15. Dsky1980 Gems: 1/31

I have the sword on me, he just won't take it.

16. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You seem to be having some weird issues with scripts not firing like they're supposed to. At this point it might be worth considering that it's a system issue, not a game issue.

17. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Are you sure you don't have any mods installed?

18. Dsky1980 Gems: 1/31

No mods, the game is updated to the latest version patch. Everything else works fine, it just seems like certain quest script's won't. Is it posible to use the console to skip past this portion?

19. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    It's possible to do anything with the console and some minor modding skills.

20. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.