1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    You won't find much python in IE games...

Also, Torment is clearly superior to BG2 in almost every aspect.

Also also, hi.

silencer likes this.
  2. giusti825 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi. Thanks. Look at that....I'm learning something already....

3. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Greetingz giusti825 and welcome to the asylum... we are friendly and willing to chat and help out how we can...

4. AnalogProphet Gems: 1/31

Greetings fellow adventurers! I'm a (very) old school fantasy gamer who began with the red boxed edition of pen and paper D&D and I've played many other pen & paper rpgs as well as crps and mmorpgs. My favorites from the old days are AD&D (of course), Paranoia, G.U.R.P.S. (Generic Universal Role-Playing System), M.E.R.P.S. (Middle Earth Role-Playing System), Shadowrun, White Wolf's Vampire:TES and Werewolf: The Apocalypse. Favorite computer based RPGs are Planescape:Torment, Baldur's Gate (all), Bard's Tale (did any of you know there's a revamped version of Bard's Tale coming soon?), Wizardry, Lord of the Rings Online (L.O.T.R.O.), and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I'm currently playing the Keep on the Borderlands version of Temple of Elemental Evil, which is what recently landed me here (again). I'm glad there's a living site like Sorcerers.net I can come to with my RPG questions; this place has been very helpful over the years.

Hope you all are having some fun on New Year's Eve. Tomorrow's my birthday, so I'm kicking back with some Keep on the Borderlands until the ball-dropping ceremonies get going later tonight. I love talking RPGs so feel free to PM me anytime. Have fun storming the castles! ~ AnalogProphet

silencer, HobGoblin42 and Taluntain like this.
  5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Welcome aboard, what took you so long to register? :D

Happy New Year and :hbd: at the same time! ;)

AnalogProphet likes this.
  6. AnalogProphet Gems: 1/31

Thanks! I don't really have a good answer to that. I guess it's partly because I try to keep my forums at a manageable level and for a while I was monitoring about a dozen. It also took me a while to realize that Sorcerers.net is still a thriving community. This is definitely my kind of place; I'm sure there are many contributors here who share a fondness for older-but-great rpgs.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's definitely not anywhere near as busy these days as it used to be, but at least it's very manageable activity-wise, so perfect for someone who has a dozen other forums to keep track of. ;) And we've definitely got a lot of members who are very much into older RPGs as well.

8. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    greetingz and welcome to the asylum... it is good to see you here... I hope that your birthday and New Year treat you right and well... I loved White Wolf and the others that you mentioned... I also hope that your stay here will continue to be awesome

9. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Happy New Year already? I did not know that Slovenia is THAT far in the east... :book:

10. Taluntain

Media:
    It's less than 2 hours away, practically here already!

11. Bladezuez

Media:
    a little under 11 hours away here...

12. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Of course, I kickstarted it on day 1. But I was completely won over the moment I heard Julie Fowlis in the trailer.

Oh, and welcome.

13. AnalogProphet Gems: 1/31

I hope your New Year goes well also. Yeah I was all in on the White Wolf when it came out - I bought the manuals for Vampire, Werewolf, Magi and Faerie and several supporting manuals. It happened at the height of the Anne Rice craze and capitalized hard. The dark world fit the spirit of the early 90s also, when we had movies like Silence of the Lambs, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Reservoir Dogs and Interview With the Vampire, and comics like Sin City and Batman: Sword of Azrael were hitting the stands. But it wasn't just a product of the times, it was also a really interesting and complex game world. We had some great campaigns there.

Thanks! Yeah I stumbled on the trailer for it only recently but it looks great. I hope they're able to maintain the snarkiness that's been characteristic of the franchise since the beginning; it wouldn't be Bard's Tale to me without that. I think it was interesting that they went with a female bard this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  14. Bladezuez

Media:
    yes we did... it was an amazing LARP to say the least... I was into Vampire and Werewolf personally... was actually the head leader in my Vampire clan... had some really great times and met some interesting people that turned into friends... I had all the manuals for Vampire and Werewolf... didn't get into the others though I wanted to... but with dealing with college classes and other things in my life I didn't have much time for the other games... I was also into ADND at the time... I had all the manuals to that one and they were all signed by Gary with a personal quote in each one for me... lost those when an ex decided to get even with me breaking up with her by burning those books... if you would like to talk more just pm me and I will respond the best I can....

AnalogProphet likes this.
  15. MonsterDad Gems: 1/31

I am looking for some help with a game

baldurs gate 2

is it better to have a high thaco or - thaco

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
  16. Taluntain

Media:
    You got the answer to that in the chatroom already, but for the future, please post in the appropriate game's forum, BG2-ToB in this case. :)

17. Cornered Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Media:
    Yeah, I'm playing Planescape: Torment now, too. And loving it. In fact, Torment is why I've finally joined Sorcerers Place.

I've come here for years as a nonmember, mostly to view & download walkthroughs, & to seek out the occasional tip. But as much as I love playing Torment, it leaves so many things unanswered that I think should've been in a user's manual...and nobody even seems to address them in their walkthroughs. Such as, how the heck do you permanently drop a party member after you've discovered that you have so many of them that your XP is going up at a snail's pace? :hmm:

Anyway, I've finally joined in order to ask such questions. :hello:

Taluntain likes this.
  18. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Welcome long-time non-member. I think the button to manage your party is on the character record screen.

Also, you'll have a whole lot of XP even with a 6-member party. Way more than you need to cruise through the game with ease.

19. Mindrax Gems: 1/31

:hello:
    I'm an old school gamer from Sweden. Been gaming since late 70's. I'm 47 years young and love RPGs.

20. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Welcome! Always like to see us old school gamers are still around. I'll be 49 in 2 months :( :beer:

AnalogProphet and silencer like this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.