1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

what's your best dual weapon mix?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by fransdg, Dec 5, 2000.

1. fransdg Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] My character is paladin cavalier with proficient 3 long sword and katana, 2 fail, and 2 in 2 weapon style. I used to mix 2 sword like dragon slayer with celestial fury (or any other magic sword), but surprisely when i fight with irenicus in final battle only manege to get around 29-35 damage by those mix but when i mix any sword (celestial fury/ dragon slayer, etc) with fail of ages i manage to get 35-53 damage with extra 1 damage cold, fire, acid...

i never get "better" damage when i used equilizer...

how about you guys??

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Most damage I did was 1072 points with the long sword "Sunray" using its very special power.

Flail of Ages is were it's at for me still.

Syl...

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Why isn't your cavalier using the ridiculously powerful sword carsomyr instead?

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The only dual wielder in my group is Minsc, and I usually have him use a combination of long sword/mace or axe.

I have the Dancing sword (Ras?)as one of his quick weapons, along with another sword and Jerrod's mace in his right hand. I have the +3 axe from Nalia's keep in his left hand. In battle, I usually activate the dancing sword first, then switch to another QW and dive into the fray with Ras acting independently.

My main character is a paladin, and he uses the ridiculously powerful Carsomyr as his main weapon!

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The most fun with dual wielding I had with my Archer was after the Underdark when he used Crom Faeyr and Jhor the Bleeder. Crom Faeyr gives 25 strength and Jhor the Bleeder gives and extra 5 rounds of 2 points of damage for every hit...

He liked it so much that at the end of the game his favorite weapon was the bastard sword.

6. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

everyone does the Crom Faeyr/fury combo, its good but thats boring.. i prefer to make minsc the wielder of the crom, and vulgyar the wilder of the fury, while my main uses the scimitars that drizzt has.

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had Valygar with Celestial Fury and the Equalizer...

8. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

This is my second going and I have my paladins using Carsomyr's and my fighter dualing Blackrazor and Equalizer..(you stole the Blackrazor from the Djinn, didn't you?). I think Celestial is overrated (stunning works %10 of a time)

9. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

maybe it only works 10% of the time, but, its 1d10 +3 thats better than most 2 handed weapons

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    What are the stats on Blackrazor? I didn't pick him! D'oh!

11. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    There's almost no point in picking up the Blackrazor; you get to use it in at most 4 battles or so...

12. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Well Ironeagle it is not better for my party 'cause I have 2 carsomyrs...
    Blackthorne this is my second going through the game so pickpocketing it makes sense...
    Sir Belisarius, Blackrazor is in Hell near the end of the game; in the test of greed where it is given to test you.

13. fransdg Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

well 1st time the djinn offer the black razor to me, i took it couse i'm curious about it's speciality...well, it's good and the most dangerous blade ever, but then i thought i want to finished the game with more challange so reload my savegame and finish the game without it.

luckily drizt never have a weapon like black razor, if he has it i won't able to beat him.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.