1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    The chest has a really high skill check. You'll probably need another level or two.

I don't think I've encountered many residual bugs on my last run with Co8, so you shouldn't worry about it.

And welcome to SP. Disregard the walkthroughs, just ask questions when you get stuck and we'll help.

2. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Ok, that's cool. I figured it was probably that, but I was worried I was missing something when he offered it to me. I mean you assume something like that pops up when you CAN do something with it reasonably. I usually Google the crap out of my questions until I can find something that seems to pertain, but you know how much trouble that can be. And I definitely don't want to miss any of the fun stuff you guys added. I fluctuate back and forth between being obsessive about doing EVERYTHING and just wanting to move on to the next bit of story and action. As an idea of how insane I can get, on my last play through of the Mass Effect trilogy - my fifth - I raced through the missions so fast that I reached the Suicide Mission before I'd chatted Kelly up enough so that she's save my fish between ME2 and ME3. And I couldn't have it. My poor fishies! I practically restarted the game so I'd remember to chat her up. :D

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    At that point, you should have just taken a savegame editor and flipped the flag for the fish...

Also, I actually appreciate not always being able to handle every challenge in a game as soon as it presents itself. I don't like a lot of backtracking, but a little bit adds to the "realism".

4. raggidman Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

i watched a play-trough of the Trilogy - it was quite entertaining in a way but I prefer BG2 (my copy was recently wiped when my other laptop caught a terminal bug and then my DVD was stolen ^^ )

5. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

I nabbed a D&D set from one of the groups: GoG maybe: that had BG 1 and 2, IWD 1 and 2, Planescape, the two Neverwinter packages and some other stuff including this a while back. In part because so many of my game discs were lost during a move and the rest were damaged. With Bioware if you have the CD key you can often get a Steam download or something if you contact them and explain about the damaged CD. I got a replacement download when my ME2 CD got scratched. Paid nothing, just needed my CD key to prove I owned a legit copy.

And Keneth, I can agree to that about not being able to take on challenges immediately, but it's nice to know if that's what you are experiencing rather than a bug. As for ME2, I probably could have done that, but it was a bit more fun to replay some of the stuff after taking a break and taking my time to get it right. After all it meant I got to replay all the fun fights with that specific class. :)

Man I hope I'm not abusing this thread with my chatter. :)

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We'll let you live... this time. :evil:

We have a random babbling thread in Whatnots for the same purpose, though. Or feel free to start a thread about games in general in the Playground forum.

7. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Hm I started a TOEE playthru story thread, but I wonder if that Playground Forum link was the proper location? Also, I am wondering if the total party limit is now 8? I seem to remember it being seven before. If I have four PCs does that mean I can get four hirelings too?

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    For games that we have specific forums, those forums should be used. But for games in general and those we don't have specific forums for, there's the Playground. So I'll move it to the ToEE forum.

9. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

What about on my party size question? I'm about to try to complete Mona's Crystal Ball quest - and get another free wimpy companion, but wondering if I can HAVE one more with my current party size of seven.

10. Taluntain

Media:
    Sorry, I'm not that familiar with Co8's mod that I could help, so posting in the ToEE forum or on Co8's forum is your best bet to get specific questions answered.

11. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

I was trying that, but nobody was responding so since you were the last one who did respond I had hoped you could help me. I think I have since gotten some other responses though. I was hoping for something quick enough for me to find out what I needed so I could keep on playing rather than have to work around the parts I didn't get. Thanks anyways. :)

12. Bugus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Resourceful

Hello Sorcerers,

I registered to Sorcerers so as to upload an AI script for Baldur's Gate I PCs.
    I hope I sent the ressource in the correct section, currently the page is http://www.sorcerers.net/community/resources/simplefight-ai-script-for-bg1.96/
    (the .96 added by the site engine is slightly misleading)

Learning how to use this script *langage* was quite fun (IF THEN END, can it be called a langage ?), working around bugs and missing features also...
    http://www.sorcerers.net and http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/main.htm were a great help for that.

In the end I found some pleasure looking at the PCs executing the code, killing enemies and saving their life as if they had some kind of primitive (I would say insect-like) intelligence of their own.

If the ressource is accepted, I will open a thread in the Baldur's Gate (Classic) Forum so that someone using the script can ask questions or send a bug report.

Taluntain likes this.
  13. Taluntain

Media:
    A discussion thread is automatically created for each new resource in this forum.

14. Bugus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Okay I see the thread, which is directly accessible on the third tab of the uploaded ressource page.

15. DustyWhite Gems: 1/31

Heya (Noober style). Just checking in. New to SP. Jut playing BG2EE. SO has been a great resource to answer the usual questions so I donated. I will probably donate again.

Taluntain and Bladezuez like this.
  16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well met and welcome.

17. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Greetingz and welcome to the asylum DustyWhite... enjoy your stay

18. raggidman Gems: 2/31

Ere Taluntain can I have an: 'orrible and proud of it - tag under my avi? Just wanting to keep things honest-like.

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Custom titles come with SPS accounts so if you get that, sure. :D

20. raggidman Gems: 2/31

Would have done that a looong time ago - but some numpty stole all my ID. In the UK the forms to replace a stolen passport say you have to give you mother's AND father's passport numbers but they died decades ago so it's a bit hard to ask them = noo online banking facilities in the UK for me :(

On the bright side I can pay cash for my new laptop by going to a store = ups and downs :rolleyes:

No worries anyhows - this was for others, just so no one would mistake me for a nice guy :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.