1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Golden torso and legs from Lich guarded tombs

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gerondin, May 19, 2005.

1. Gerondin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] While awaiting some way to summon the Avatar, the Adventurers have done some retracing their steps, tried to gain more points and are attempting to tie up loose ends from perious chapters and quests, where possible.

We have an evil smelling Golden Torso and Golden Legs from two different tombs that were guarded by Lichs. I think one is from the Old Tunnels and the other from the Bridge District. Reference was made to "three pieces" by one of the Lichs. Where is it to be found and what do I do with these things when I have all three? Might I have the same problem as in trying to summon the Avatar?

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There is a house in the docks area between the Inn and Mae'Var's guildhall. Take the two pieces into there, just be sure to save first.

3. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

you should go to docks and to the house near Maevar's guildhall. you will see minatours and talking skull......

4. Gerondin Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the tips. Off we go adventuring.

5. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

be prepared. you will certainly die

6. Marcus_Giden Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@Chickavalier, stop spoiling it.

That quest was one of the funniest of all when I played the game for the first time.

7. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

not funny for me. it's most horrid and annoying quest ever.

8. Gerondin Gems: 1/31

We had to use all of our best attack strategies and logistics plus lose some reputation to do in the Demi-Lich without permanently losing at least one of our Aventurers . But, we did it!!

No way we could have done it earlier in the game. In fact, I think I remember coming to that location in Chapter 2 (since Gerondin tries to explore every place in a new district to scope it out for future reference) but we got a message via the game dialogue that we could not beat the Lich at that time. However, it could have been at one of the other Lich-guarded tombs.

Just for the fun of it, once we had won, I reloaded the game just before the final clash and Gerondin went after the Demi-Lich all alone and wiped it out in less than a minute. How? Clue? We lost reputation points.

9. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I think that's the tomb in the sewers. The blind man connected with the Unseeing Eye quest asks you not to open the sarcophagus.

Congratulations. I prefer taking down the enemies without using the Slayer-change - but I always play good so maybe that's the reason...

10. Derkoth the Disgruntled Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Actually, when taking on the demi-lich, you don't permanently lose your party members, they're just imprisoned. It sucks to have that happen, but as long as you can cast the "Freedom" spell in that area you'll get 'em back, safe and sound. If your mage was imprisoned, you might want to reload, though!

11. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

iirc, imprisonment breaks the romance so you might wanna reload if your romantic interest is imprisoned.

12. Gerondin Gems: 1/31

This is actually three replies:

1. The persons who have found santuary in the room with the tomb in the Old tunnels ask that the Adventurers not open the tomb because it would end their sanctuary. However, once that quest is completed these persons leave the area so there is no problem with opening the tomb. It was elsewhere that Gerondin was told he could not win at that time.
    2. The Freedom spell is level 9 and Gerondin is not at that level. This is because he is a half-elf who is a Mage/Fighter. This is who he has been before AD&D was computerized. It makes for an interesting adventurer in many ways; however, he does not move up levels as quickly and could never reach level 9 in this game.
    3. Gerondin has a long-time secret/unexpressed crush on Imoen and thus has no other romantic ties in this game.

13. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Let's keep it that way ;)

14. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31

i dont think anybody memorizes Freedom. it's rarely used in the game so you might wanna keep the precious 9 level spell slot for better spells. just cast it from scrolls

15. Gerondin Gems: 1/31

I agree.

16. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I always memorize Freedom, just in case. You never know when you are going to need it.

17. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31

and that's why i always keep freedom scrolls with me. freedom scrolls are almost sold everywhere

18. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You know, theres a mod that lets you sell the golden body.

Well, it would save all that aggro.

19. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

quote: ... secret/unexpressed crush on Imoen...

Hey. So do I. I gotta install the Imoen romance mod someday.

20. Gerondin Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I'm glad I'm not the only one with a crush on Imoen.

Maybe the Dane is more prudish, or perhaps another rival for her affection?? (ala Victor Eremita "Let's keep it that way.")

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.