1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ever Stuck?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sarevok•, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Bloke with sword Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Ive got no patches and no mods, and i dont even know how the CLUAconsole works. Stake on the kobold every time. maybe mods cause more problems than they fix?

anyway fist time i got stuck was in the planar shere, a halfling/dwarf mage thing disintergrated Jaheria, i didnt know what had happened. Lacked the man/woman power to bring down those bloody deamons!

ah well we all learn from our mistakes. :rolleyes:

2. Defspeal Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I think the first time I got stuck for ages was in the seweres on the quest for Lilarcor where you have to get four different items. The one that had me puzzled was "the blood of a friend"

I was so frustrated, checking corpses several times and looking everywhere, I finally gave in and looked at the walkthrough

3. Bloke with sword Gems: 3/31

i figured that one out by mistake, i killed the carrion crawler before he tried getting me(i know hes harmless, but lets face it he smelled).

4. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

First time I went after Firkaag I forgot about the invisible guardian and ended up using a high level spell to make him visible so I could kill him. That of course meant I spent the better part of two hours wandering around looking at different areas with and without the silly mask trying to figure out what it did. I'd been so enthusiastic when first entering and getting that quest, then I wandered off and did something else. So when I came back I'd forgotten all about the guardians and the mask. Needless to say I felt pretty silly when I sorted it out.

5. Godofredo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Suldanesselar.I couldn't get in because my game crashed every time. :aaa:

6. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Well... first time I got stuck..., (and I'm embarassed to say this), was in Irenicus's dungeon... I had no idea the activation stone existed, until I joined a multiplayer game, (on gamespy arcade), and someone showed me... I cleared out the entire first level of his dungeon, talked to all the dead clone things with the cell thing-a-ma-jigger, and ended up doing nothing more than wasting my time :(

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I got stuck when I saved my game after I accidentily killed off couple guards, when a horde of Vamipres attacked(damn Keldorn and his special attack).

Killing the guards lowered my reputation so much that I was attacked everywhere I went, and I didn't have enough money to increase my rep at a church.

Boy, did that suck.

8. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Same here, must have spent about 6 hours on this one, but only because I had that character movement problem where the character more often then not seemed disconnected from the damn mouse.

Also in BGI I spent a few days (real time days) roaming around candle keep trying to get out, and thinking I'd been ripped off with a rubbishy free game (my first BG, expirience came for free with my uber P3 computer, well ok it was uber at the time I got it) ah yes if it wasn't for the game I had for free I never would have discovered D&D.

Another stupid thing I did was in Chapter 6 I was wondering around the sanctum entered through the south where you go for Edwins and Korgans quests, only that time it was my first run through and I didnt know this, and ended up spending about 2 hours at least trying to get past that blocked corridor.

9. Algarion Gems: 3/31

When I was to enter Bodihs lair for the first time the Mage and his golem didn't appear due to a bug. But I didn't know anything about bugs on that stage so I believed that it was I that had done something wrong. I searched through the Shadow Thief compound for about 1½ hour searching for the REAL leader.

10. cadderly Gems: 5/31

yah those fake leaders get me every time, ;)

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @omnigodly and casey

Same thing with me...

12. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I got stuck on bugs a whole lot the first time I played: unstakeable vampires, big bug in Paladin stronghold quest, looping dialogue, stuff like that. Luckily those were all fixed by fan patches pretty quickly.

The only time I got REALLY stuck because of my own lack of ability was with the mindflayers in the sewers. I took me so long to beat those suckers, and it was so difficult, I didn't even try to take them on in the Underdark. Finally greater malison > cloudkill > shut door on them, and was I ever happy that it worked! (To newbies, "cheesy" tactics can feel smart and inspired, so don't knock it ;) .) Now I can deal with them better, and without tactics that depend on them not knowing how to open doors, but still find them challenging.

13. cadderly Gems: 5/31

when fighting flayers i prefer summoning lots of cheap fodder and then pelting them with ranged weapons, then retreat, rest, repeat, takes a while and when at the end of the game you look at your days in the game, then you get kind of sad.

14. Kiaransalee Gems: 1/31

Worse thing ever....trying to talk to busy people.

Why oh why does that happen?

15. hazefire Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

This is a really embarassing one....
    But the first time I played I got stuck in the circus tent, were those werewolf illusions are. They kept slaughtering me!! I wasn't very good at Char development and all that stuff so we were all SO weak. Still, many many tries later....I created a character and a party that actually finished the game.

16. Col. Bruce Hampton Retired Gems: 3/31

That's easy to fix, and has already been stated in this thread. If you get "Appears busy" bug a lot, then you need to install the proper patch from Bioware:
    http://www.bioware.com/games/throne_bhaal/support/patches/

17. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    First time I got stuck, hmmm. I think it was the De'Arnise Keep, trying to complete the flail of ages. Spent days wandering around that damned keep trying to find some kind of handle, hehe. Needless to say, slapped myself on the forehead when I worked that one out.

18. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well, I get stuck all the time, it just takes a couple of extra tries and a bit of thinking, but I don't recall ever getting stuck to the point where I've had to cheat in BG2, thats the main reason I like it so much, challenging but not impossible to sus out :)

19. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

In the Planer Prison (Playhouse quest) I got caught in a dialogue loop after I rescued the actors. Thing was, I took Haer'Dalis when I rescued him and kicked him out at some stage. Then when I went back to finish the quest he was UPSTAIRS in the Five Flagons. So I talked to the actors and they did their magic things. I went back upstairs and grabbed Haer'Dalis then jumped into the portal. When I finally rescued the actors they kept repeating the conversation and granting me XP every time. The quest gives HEAPS of XP so I was top level in no time but I couldn't escape the cycle :(

20. Whoa.KinG Gems: 1/31

I always get stuck in BG2 now, after escaping spellhold and picking up the horn Saemon would be in the inn and when i talked to him we would end up in the back of it >_<. Ended up having to use the portal -.-.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.