1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC Sorcerers, Monks, and Barbarians...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord Sarevok, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Lord Sarevok Guest

I'm always pretty sceptical when choosing one of these new classes, and the fact that there are little if none other NPC characters or party members of these classes doesn't help. So I'm trying to figure out how many NPCs in BG2 there actually are of these new classes.

So far the only Monk I remember was that women on the second floor of Mae'Var's guildhall.

As for Barbarians there is that guy in Mencar Pebblecrusher's party, and I think Hendak is one too, but he might be a regular old fight.

As for Sorcerers, I really can't think of any, but it's hard to tell, as they don't have many different characteristics than mages.

2. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

It's unfortunate that none of these classes can be in your party unless you create them yourself. That's why I play a lot of all generated characters. That way I can explore new classes

3. void Guest

To find out you should enable the console then ctrl-q them and they'll be in your party.

4. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

IIRC the twisted rune fight includes a monk, and in Mencar Pebblecrusher's party there is a sorcerer who has a familiar with him.

5. Lord Sarevok Guest

Nah, his name is Sorcererous Amon, but he's not a Sorcerer. I remember when I charmed him his spells were set up like a mage's, not a sorcerer's.

6. Black Rose Guest

I guess Bodhi could be considered a monk, although that's a little extreme.

Smaeluv Orcslicer in Mencar's gang is probably a barbarian.

7. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Orcslicer Is a Barbarian because He enters "Barbarian Rage" in combat just read the messages

8. Xyclos Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hmm seems a lot of these new classes are in that mencar pebblecrusher's party. =/

9. I believe that Hendak is just a plain Joe Schmoe fighter.

I don't think that Bodhi is a monk, or any class. She's just a non-class NPC.

Finally, I'm confused whether Irenicus is a mage or a sorcerer. People in the game refer to him as both, IIRC.

[This message has been edited by creudzfeldt-jakob (edited February 02, 2002).]

10. Lord Sarevok Guest

Only time I remember anyone calling Irenicus a Sorcerer was Jaheria, right when you get to the second level of Irenicus's dungeon and talk to Yoshimo. I think she's says something along the lines of "A fair line used by the servant's of the Sorcerer themselves". So, as you see, she was speaking hypothetically, and could be referring to any mage. After all, she had better adventuring a long time. Plus, it sounds better :).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.