1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lothander Quest problem

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Billy Lyre, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Billy Lyre Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Firstly I want to say that I've been seriously replaying BG1 for the first time in over ten years. Quite a nostalgia kick! I'd started it a few times over the years but often only got as far as Nashkel mines before being distracted by real life. Not this time. I've explored 99% of the wilderness areas and have finished about 70% or so of the Baldurs Gate quests, but the Lothander Quest might just run me into a brick wall.

Lothander approached me about the geas. So far I've

1)Seen the fortune teller
    2)Gotten the Holy Book from the Lady's Hall
    3)Gone to the Temple Of Umberlee and gotten the scroll from Jalantha Mistmyr. Or at least I think I have. I can see no scroll in my inventory that says anything about curing a geas.
    4) I talked to Lothander again and he told me to meet me at the Blade & Stars
    5) Went there, went up stairs to talk to Lothander, but he just says "Have you got the cure yet?"
    and I have only one dialog option- "no".

I since went back to Jalantha Mistmyr and tried pickpocketing her. It failed, so I killed her. She only had the Holy Book.

So basically I'm stuck. I haven't sold any scroll or gotten rid of anything. I've done all that was required of me, yet Lothander doesn't recognize my efforts when I talk to him at the Blade & Stars! :(

--

Okay I found the problem. Jalantha did give me the scroll but as my inventory was full it was dropped on the ground, and thanks to those annoying wandering priestesses standing right next to it, the scroll was extremely hard to spot! This thread can probably be deleted, but if I still have problems with it, I might ask later. The Lothander quest seems to quite buggy apparently.

Okay I did the quest with no problems. Moral of the story is- pay close attention to the graphics on screen because you can overlook something important!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2017
  2. Billy Lyre Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Actually problem not solved:(

Currently I'm in the dungeons below Candlekeep and as soon as I go to sleep, I get a message saying that Mareks poison killed my whole party. I completed Lothandars geas quest, went to see Marek and got his antidote. However from what I understand from searching online, it seems that you need to talk to Marek first before you kill him. And I foolishly killed him as soon as I saw him and took his antidote. I got all my party to drink some of the antidote. But apparently that doesn't matter.

I've use cheats to spawn Marek, but all he he says is what he says the first time he sees you- "can I have a moment of your time?" and then he walks away.

So basically it looks like my game is wrecked, unless anyone can suggest a way of talking to Marek and getting his antidote? I would never have thought such an oversight as killing someone before talking to them could mess up a game so much!

*edit* Okay I fixed this problem now! Open up the Cheat Console and type

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("partycured","global",1)
    and then hit enter.

And your party is cured. I'm glad anyway that I'm not the only person who's had trouble with this Lothander geas quest! Having to cheat to fix the problem isn't an ideal solution, but it was the only option I saw available.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You could use freqent savegames to be able to reload an earlier save when something unexpected happens.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's why you don't just blindly murder key quest NPCs. The unfortunate part is that the death is entirely scripted instead of it being a spell effect on a timer that gets removed by the antidote.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.