1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yeah my luck is mostly not very good, especially with psycho-actives. My brain just doesn't work like a normal one. ;)

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Everyone thinks their brain doesn't work like a normal one ;)

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    And then there's people like me...

Dice likes this.
  4. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    completely hopeless...

Dice likes this.
  5. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

No seriously, in the last few years I've tried nearly every anti-anxiety med there is -along with a few anti-depressants. The anti-anxiety meds made me MORE anxious and hyper, and the anti-depressants made me tired and sad. :p

6. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Just Drink :beer:

7. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

I'll drink to that! Skyy and anything for a mixer. :)

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Went to the doctor and had an x-ray of my lower back. The doctor came in with an odd look on his face and asked, "Have your ever had an x-ray of your back?"

I said, "Not my lower back...."

He proceeded to bring up the x-ray on the screen and pointed to a line on one of my vertebrae, "You broke your back at some time in your life. Do you know when this would have happened?"

The look on his face was priceless as I said there were five or six times I could think of that where kind of injury could have happened.

I thought it was amusing.

9. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Damn. I broke my neck on FOUR places a few years back, didn't realize at the time that I'd done it. Doc who did the surgery to repair the bone damage said I was lucky to not have died outright. I had just lost the job I'd had for ten years and I was pretty well destitute so a severely-debilitating and essentially permanent injury was what I really needed right then. Anyways in the end it kind of worked out ok. Found out during the surgery that most of what looked like spinal cord damage was just compression from the broken bones. I'll never be what I was, but I'm not nearly as bad as I was before the surgery.

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've never broken anything in my life, but did you hear about the dog who survived the flood?

He was such a good buoy. :shake:

11. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I've broken many things in my life, just not my bones.

12. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wrist, footbones. All exercise/sport related.

13. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Other than the neck I've had several minor sprains. Had a motorcycle accident in my late 20s that should have broken every bone in my right leg but got off with a severe sprain. Nothing like getting to feel what the ball on a ball-and-chain flail feels like when some idiot pulls out of a gas station and then stops blocking both lanes of traffic because he wanted to turn left and discovered he couldn't make it. I was around 30 feet away and couldn't get around him and couldn't stop in time, so my bike slid in sideways and pinned my right foot to his fender and I swung over onto his hood. When all was done moving I was up on his hood on all fours staring at him through his windshield. My boot came off and got tossed into the air. Bright sunny summer afternoon. He kept saying "I couldn't see him" - my headlight on, bright sunny summer day, I wasn't much further than 30 feet when he pulled out - he didn't bother to look. My dock wanted to claim I must have brittle bone disease to break my neck like I did, but with stuff like that and all the other tumbles I've taken I'd certainly have broken something else at some point - and nothing. Neck was just a freak "accident" caused by an unbelievably powerful neck cramp.

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Been in tae kwon do with the family and have had two cortizone shots (one in my neck and one in my hip), turf toe in both big toes, pretty severe bruising from a back kick to the thigh, found out I have cubical tunnel, and now lumbar herniated disk. We have black belt testing in seven weeks and then I may have my body replaced.

15. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Yeah it was suggested long ago that I take some Martial Arts as a way to build up self-confidence and stuff. I should have done it when I was young and able to recover quickly, but cash has long been a problem at my end. Hindesight = 20/20 I probably should have done it during the ten years I was at my last job, probably would have never suffered the stress that lead to the cramps that lead to the break. But I never expected anyone to actually employ me for ten years, I'm such a misfit toy that I expected them to fire me every single day - somehow it took GE buying out the company and everybody losing their job though.

16. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  18. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

Will do :)

19. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Blackthorne TA likes this.
  20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Yeah. Sorry." :lol:

Not sorry apparently since she keeps doing it...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.