1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Could Trump have made a deal with the devil?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by SlickRCBD, Mar 6, 2017.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've been lying in bed having trouble sleeping when I had this really strange thought. Probably from playing too much AD&D as a tween and teen, along with a love of cRPGs since I got my first when I was 10.

What if the reason Donald Trump was able to get elected was because he sold his soul to the devil to be elected?
    It might explain how there is so much massive protest about him afterwards, and how he was able to be elected in the first place.
    This guy was considered a joke candidate at first, yet he somehow started winning the primaries. What if all this support was because "the devil made me vote for him"?

I don't really believe that, and while I don't really support him as a president, but it sounds like a good plot for a modern supernatural setting that maybe somebody else might find useful.

Just a a crazy idea I thought I'd share.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Maybe he IS the devil :)

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The red tie is a dead giveaway. :evil:

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't think Trump made a deal with Hillary to win the election. That would just be weird.

5. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

To be fair I suspect if he had used supernatural means, it'd still be in play.

I think the fact that the majority of the world hates him means that it didn't work very well!

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I think the majority of the world doesn't really care.

7. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Media:
    Ah, but isn't that the classic old trope when making deals with the devil/getting wishes from a genie ? you get what you wished for, but almost always in a way that doesn't make you happy - your wish gets fulfilled to the letter, but not in spirit. ;)

8. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Depends. I tend to remember the ones where you get what you want before you die...afterwards it gets a little hot!

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nah ... he just made a deal with the stupid.

10. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Wouldn’t those US citizens who actually believe in deals with the devil (bible belt) have voted for Trump anyway, deal or no deal?

11. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Not necessarily. Plenty of religious people that might believe it is possible to make a deal with the devil might see Trump as evil and vote for somebody else.

12. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Do I think Trump made a deal with the devil.. no.. and I hope not.

Don't forget, many religious people may either ignore Trump's downside or vote for him as their own proverbial deal with the devil.

Some religious and politically aware individuals don't admire Trump and say so. But when this happens within general rightwing political and religious groups this can end up being seen as working against them rather than that they held to their core beliefs.

I think this particular individual described some of the things Trump has said or done as "moral sewage". But a lot of people within his broader religious organization don't take his comments to heart but criticize him for drinking "the Kool-Aid" when arguably the reverse is true and he was being consistent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-of-trump-controversy/?utm_term=.7a418e20b4be

But as Sean Spicer said in a White House briefing last week. The employment numbers that Trump called a "hoax" on the campaign trail in 2016 are, according to Spicer, "very real" now. Note the agency that puts out the numbers hasn't changed but the person who is President has.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  13. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Its a grand comedy worth several Oscars. In Europe we all enjoy the show as we watch:clap: how the US got the president they deserved. And yes, it can get worse.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Honestly, I don't think that anyone deserves Trump. Possibly not even Melania.

15. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yes you do. All not Trump voters that did not vote know to vote next time. All the Trump lovers have a field day.

If only the wicked witch of the midwest was the other option...

16. Taluntain

Media:
    Well, I don't since I'm not American. Trump's actually lost a lot of support since his election, but which politician doesn't...

17. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Perhaps his soul was worth more than Hilary's? It's practically a proven fact that she was colluding with the Ruskies to get their help for the win, and now that she's lost she's burning that relationship hard, probably they felt she wasn't really worth the effort.

Boy is this gonna get me in how water, we have too many people who are just totally blind to how corrupt our government is in general no matter which party is in charge. Washington DC needs to be covered in plastic and GASSED, just like you do with any vermin-infested house. It would put the next tenants on notice that they had better learn to police themselves.

A lot of us Deplorables are just sick and tired of the "do as we say, not as we do" mentality that's coming out of Washington the last several decades.

I should note that I come from a state that voted a former Pro Wrestler as State Governor just to let folks know we were really tired of the two parties shenanigans. And it was GLORIOUS.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Wayward Son likes this.
  18. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Gassed, you say? Tell me more about this plan...

[​IMG]

Wayward Son likes this.
  19. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Rofl. I'm not a terrorist or anything. I just have a very low opinion of most career politicians. I am amazed at how few American's know that our Founding Fathers didn't have a great opinion of them either. Too many people seem to think that somebody becomes a career politician and somehow magically they become a totally altruistic unselfish angel instead of the stupid selfish self-obsessed jerk they always were BEFORE.

“If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary.
    --Alexander Hamilton

I believe similar thoughts were expressed by James Madison, but I could be wrong about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2017
    Wayward Son likes this.
  20. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Call me crazy, but I honestly thought that the Green or Libertarian party had a chance to become viable options last year considering who the choices from both the Elephants and the Donkeys were. (Choice referring to them as animals vs Green and Libertarians is deliberate).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.