1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Monk rogue build, paladin mc build, barbarian mc build

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Cecily Griselda, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Cecily Griselda Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Media:
    Thoughts on monk rogue build?
    16str, 18dex, 16con, 14int, 18wis, 10cha?
    Which race to pick? Tiefling, deep gnome or halfling?
    How many levels in monk or rogue to invest?

Thoughts on paladin sorcerer build
    Str10, dex16, con16, int3, wis12, cha20
    Aasimar race, of course.

Aasimar paladin cleric ilmater mc
    18str, 3dex, 18con, 3int, 20wis,18cha

Barbarian fighter druid (or cleric) mc
    Half-orc
    Str20, dex18, con18, int1, wis16, cha1
    Which to choose druid or cleric in this mc or none, what about fighter4/barb1/divine casterX ?

2. claudius Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

If you want an unarmed monk you need as pure as possible because the monk progression is at BAB 4 you get 2 attacks 4/1 instead of at 6th level most classes get two attacks 6/1. You also need fists base damage higher from pure monk. But classes other than monk do not contribute to this. So a 4th level monk 26 levels of fighter doesn't get a good unarmed attack just as an extreme example.

I would do a max intelligence build so you get rogue skills you need taken cross class and minimize amount of rogue class. Try a level 1 rogue and then go pure monk the rest. If you need another infusion of rogue skill points without penalty then take more rogue levels. Make sure your monk order allows free MCing with rogue.

For race 20 xp penalty is not good unless this character is a 'mule' to bring down the party level combined with also a rogue/monk. But you need to keep up with rogue skill checks at least.

So for unarmed rogue/monk should be almost pure monk and therefore is Tiefling, halfling, or human. Human and Tiefling with max intelligence gets more skill points. Halfling gets stealth bonus and thrown weapon bonus.

For armed monk (weapons) could take just a few monk levels.

--

For the Half-orc druid/Barbarian (not fighter to avoid xp penalty) I would reduce dexterity and wear heavy armor and lose the speed or wear medium armor with enough dexterity to max out the available dexterity bonus. So if max dexterity bonus is 3 then you don't need 18 dexterity.

For the sorcerer as a caster take only 1 level paladin. If you want the 4 elemental caster feats such as scion of storm you need 10 modifed spellcraft. So you have 3 intelligence is -8 (edit is -4) so you need 18 (edit 14) ranks of spellcraft and if you want concentration you need to skip spellcraft and elemental feats. Another option is human and you can tank intelligence but still get 2 skill points per level and that is a bug. It will still be late game when you get 1 or 2 elemental feats. Or you can take a different race and take 12 intelligence to get your spellcraft and concentration.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  3. lefuet Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Resourceful Veteran

iirc ANY not monk level breaks the faster BAB progression of the monk so mc a monk can make him lose attacks
    that said I really like a pure (modded, see my sig) monk. The deep gnome seems the obvious choice. I wanted to use the thief boni of the deep gnome but since multiclassing the monk is so hard I settled for a pure monk (maybe mc after L26) some Int and only the most basic thieving skills
    my last try/plan: (8,20!,11,14,20, 1) Dex LN m svirfneblin monk26,Ill14
    looks good, only Pala1, I lowered the strength because I started to enjoy the challenge to find lightwight gear for my fragile sorceress :)
    my last try/plan: ( 6,20,11,20, 3,20!) Cha LG f drow sorceress39,Pala
    cleric can use heavy armour so druid fits better with barb
    can the shapeshifted druid rage? I would either use a main barbarian (I modded rage to be more useful) (maybe L4 fighter later but probably not worth it) or L1 barb and druid or cleric all the way for the powerful spells.
    my last try/plan: (20!,18,18, 1,16, 1) Str CN f half-orc Barbarian35,rogue2(evasion),ranger,bard,druid (flavour)

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Half-orc barbarian cleric is really good -- I think adding fighter weakens the character. The real power come from cleric levels.

Not a fan of a monk rogue ... the monk is just too much fun single classed.

Paladin sorcerer is fine but again either single class is more powerful. Same with paladin cleric.

I understand the temptation of min-maxing but I just can't do it for role playing purposes ... what's the point in having a barbarian as strong as an ox but can't figure out how to put on pants. A 1 int is way below "Hulk smash."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.