1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Robe of Vecna missing?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by dcwin, Oct 29, 2004.

1. dcwin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi, all
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I can't find the Robe of Vecna. I have done a search of the forum and found lots of info on said item. Went to see Deirdre in the Adventurer's Mart (not for the first time, either) and lo, and behold, no RoV! I know I saw it there before, but didn't know what it was, so I passed it up. Now, its GONE! (Was it something I said?) Can anyone help me clear up this mystery (or just give me the CLUAConsole code as a last resort)?
    Thanks in advance,
    D

2. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Sorry is Deirdre missing, or just the RoV from her stock?
    If Deirdre is not there try reinstalling the bonus mearcheant mod (it can be found in the BGII download section).
    The CLUA code is WA2ROBE.

3. dcwin Gems: 1/31

@Stu
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
    Deirdre was there, only the RoV was gone. Could someone else have bought it after I passed it up? I didn't think that could happen, but then again, I haven't been playing BG2 all that long, and I am often wrong, esp when I think!
    I went ahead and used the code you gave me, and I am DEEPLY grateful for your timely response.
    D

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The robe should stay there until you buy it - apparently you are the only customer that actually buys anything from the merchants. ;)

I would say consoling one in and reinstalling the bonus merchants before your next game is the way to go.

5. dcwin Gems: 1/31

@JSBB:
    That's a good idea, I'll do that. Do you think, then, that it was some sort of glitch in the Bonus Merchants add-on that made it disappear? If so, I'd best re-install it now, during this game, shouldn't I? Just in case there might be other problems with the program. Also, is there any chance that my whole game might be somehow corrupted? And, too, do I need to un-install the patch before I re-install? Or am I just being paranoid here?
    Thanks for your input,
    D

6. Emmanuel Julius Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well sometimes weird things happen in games so a missing item could just be some glitch in the game (i.e it's not likely to crash your game or something) but just keep an eye out to be on the safe side

There is the possibility that the Bonus Merchants CD had some malfunction but who knows...i usually just don't bother to install it (instead i get the bonus merchants from the ease-of-use mod) but reinstalling the Bonus CD won't hurt your game either

A complete re-install of BGII at this point is probably not necessary seeing how it seems like a very minor error, and also you don't need to uninstall the official patch before re-installing

7. Maxinion Gems: 1/31

Additionally, you could just Shadowkeeper yourself the Robe, and take away 25,000 gold while you're at it, just to make it seem like you bought it... I would think that that's also an acceptable work-around, and you won't have to fudge with reinstalling mods.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.