1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Golems in the Keep

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Rhodry Maelwaed, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Rhodry Maelwaed Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I can't beat these guys, my weapons are ineffective. Any tips?

2. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Going from memory, some of them are immune to non-magical weapons, whilst others are immune to non-magical non-blunt weapons.

Luckily the Flail of Ages present within the keep is quite effective at turning them back to rubble.

3. Rhodry Maelwaed Gems: 1/31

Thanks, I'll hold off until I get the flail created.

Cheers

4. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I do believe Tarrasque is right about there being at least one golem, I think it's clay, that you can only damage with blunt weapons. I don't know about any needing magic or non-magic weapons though so I can't help there :1eye:
    You don't have to fight when your not ready and only 1 at a time. Get your people surrounding a golem and have them all jacked up with your buffs then force attack it.
    You could always just avoid fighting them all together if you want. Just grab the flail head and go :tobattle:

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I believe all the golems require magical weapons, most only +1, but the iron requires +2, if I recall correctly. And the adiamante ones require +3.

The clay golems can only be hurt by blunt weapons, but the other types are vulnerable to any type of weapon.

If your weapon is not magical enough, you'll get the message that your weapon is ineffective. If they're immune to your damage type, you'll get the message that they're immune to your damage.

I usually stand outside the room, send one guy in to get an item, then lead the awakened golems to the doorway, which helps control the flow a bit. If you have a ranged weapon that has a high enough enchantment, at least you can just stand back for the iron golem and pelt him with arrows / bullets / whatever, because he can't fit through the door. How'd they get him inside? Good question.

6. Rhodry Maelwaed Gems: 1/31

I have the flail with two heads but the iron golem is immune to the damage. I can kill all the others with minor difficulty but I defeat the big guy.

7. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I always kill the big guy outside the room because he can't fit through the door ;) And I'm pretty sure you need +3 or better to kill him.

8. Rhodry Maelwaed Gems: 1/31

shoot, I don't have any +3 weapons.

9. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    finish the flail

10. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    This is probably the easiest way to get a +3 weapon, but as long as you don't finish clearing out the keep the golems should stay where they are so you can pick up some +3 weapons elsewhere.
    Melfs minute meteors might also work since they count as +5.

11. Cecily Griselda Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Media:
    Just grab fall head, and only fall head. Golems would not attack in that case.

12. Juri Gems: 1/31

Maybe the Short Sword that Renal gives you could work, or maybe Lilarcor.

13. Niclole Gems: 1/31

If you just want the loot and can't beat the Golems you can also send one person in and loot, cast invisibility and head on out.

14. yndiana Gems: 1/31

I had Yoshimo putting down a shitload of traps and +1/+2 weapons, plus used a lot of evocated beasts to keep them away from my weakest characters!

15. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Yea the golem you are having trouble with is an iron golem and requires a +3 weapon. If you have a thief you can set traps and lead it back to them which can potentially kill it. That golem cannot fit through the door so you can get multiple tries at it. Another idea is to have one (hopefully fast character) lead it on a merry chase and then have a second character grab the stuff and then have everybody book it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.