1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

It's kinda sad

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Shoshino, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    do any of you ever wish you could wipe your memory so you could play baldur's gate through again without knowing where everything is? to be back like when you first had the game and relive the enjoyment of playing it through for the first time?

[ February 10, 2003, 11:18: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Sometimes yes.

But when that happens you'll lose the thousends of good memories of one of the best games ever made. Considering that I think it isn't worth it.

[edit] typos

[ February 10, 2003, 11:12: Message edited by: Apeman ]

3. Misiek Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I think that some quests could be randomly selected as you begin the play. I mean the side quests...but it's just a wish :)

4. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Man, do I...

Lousy cheap strategy guide at my friend's house, spoiling ending for me...

Here's a hint: DON'T ever read a guide before you beat a game.

BG has one of the most surprising endings ever and it would be remarkable to actually go through and experience everything all again.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Oh yes, I am always wishing I could play it for the first time again

6. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Sometimes i wished it too but for the three first times I played it I discovered something new. I don't know it's avery very big dilemma :confused:

7. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Whoo, man I liked the game so much I didn't even care if I already knew the story. I played through the original Baldurs Gate 7 times and liked it just as much each time. The reason being all the variety and potential for a differnet game each time. All the alignments and classes and races. I must say Baldurs Gate may well be the most replayable game ever made for pc. And all the side quests are just so cool...

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Yeah. The stupid thing about my expierience is that I started playing the game when I was 10, and it was my first roleplaying game I'd ever played, so I was pretty confused and I didn't do any of the sidequests, I didn't know the effect of CHA, but luckily, my first character was a paladin. I also didn't know the benefit of rerolling when creating a character. I didn't know what a balanced party was. I had a paladin, thief, fighter, 2 clerics and no mage! As you've probably guessed, I didn't beat the game. So, I do wish, I DO WISH, I could wipe my memory, so I could beat the damn game the 1st time right!!!

9. Mariana Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I wish I could have erased my memory before I played the game for myself. One of my friends played and beat BG while I was up her house, so I got to see how it ended before I ever played it. She told me the story, too, so I had a lot spoiled for me.

10. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I knew a friend, who had beaten the game 18 times with 4-5 chrs... :)

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Eevn if you find new things to do each time you play it, its still never the same as the first time you ignorently blunder around, finding everything new

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    heheh I still thought that in RPG´s you fought with the "A", "S" and "D" button, just finished revenant :rolleyes:

Hey! why is my char not attacking the monk, come on do a kick/slash combo...EY??!
    oh you´ve got to use the mousebutton.. weird game :rolleyes:

13. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Hmmmm... are you sure you aren't smokin' somethin' Morgoth? ASD? more like LSD:)

14. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have beaten Baldur's Gate aout 10 times. Each time I liked it about the same. There are so many different characters you can get and so many sidequests to do that I wouldn't want to erase everything that I knew about it.

15. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Myssie´s Chosen, you eat LSD not smoke it :rolleyes:

16. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Before Tal tells you to get back on topic, get back on topic!! :D

Yeah, I do wish it. Bloody guides have spoiled too much of my gaming experiences. Like the Yoshi business in BG2, for instance...*sigh*

Which is why I resist reading IWD2 walkthroughs now.

17. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I Think if found a way to erase your memory of BG, you'd forget you had it..

*DUmb luck*

Personally, I barrowed it from a friend.. for like.. 4 months.. *LOL* As you could guess, i liked it alot.. *Hence my buying IWD2... what a let down..*

*Wants to take EQ, UO, Diablo (one, not two.. well.. Not All of two.. ^_^) IWD, and BG And mix them all up into one, Massive, Detailed, and Intricate Game.. All the items thrown all together, Random loot drops, quests, Sub-quests, Characters, Merchants, Weapon/Armor Style..*

Even with the last few times i played it, i discovered new things.. Including a few characters i'd Missed, or not had the right party to get, or screwed up some how to NOT get them.. (Ie: Killing Deinheir..)

So unless you just completely and Utterly explored the game the first time, double checked the second time.. and ironed it all down the third time..

It's a HIGHLY replayable game..

18. silke Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i have played every baldurs gate games inside out played every mod, evey little thing, know all the secrets know all the conversations completed it insane countless ocasions, and yet there is allways something drawing me back to it, its a same about neverwinter nights, i cant beliave that came from the makers of baldurs gate, wot a **** game, it took me the day to complete and everyone in the multiplayer is god dam invincable, the story was so predictable , and the design was repetative, well thats a game i dont intend to play again, ,, in fact i was so dis pleased with nwn i actually wrote a letter to the producer lmao

19. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hah, I know what you mean. Whenever I play BG2 I always complain about its crapiness, but now I want to reinstall it for the god knows how many time. You know, I could actually recite the "Descent 3" demo movie played after you install BG1.

20. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think I don't want to play BG 1 again,without remembering how it was before.Maybe I wouldn't morilaze me enough to play it,and than I would be very sad that I never played such a nice game :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.